Author Topic: 5 1/2 month old crying for 2 hours  (Read 973 times)

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 22, 2006, 19:38:03 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I am having a little trouble with my DD.  She probably weighs almost 20 pounds and still not sleeping through the night.  Last night I gave her a bottle like usually before bed and put her down awake and it took us almost hour and a half to get her down which was about 8:30pm.  She woke up at 2:00am and I gave her a bottle ( I am trying to ween her of the night feedings so I put more water than formula)  It took us another 2 hours to get her down.  Even when I picked her up she wouldn't settle.  I gave her oatmeal for the third time yesterday could it have given her gas?
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: 5 1/2 month old crying for 2 hours
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 23:16:34 pm »
Hi there

What does your day time routine look like?  What time are naps, for how long, what time do you feed, when are you giving the solids?

Thanks
Jo

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 01:58:54 am »
Hello,  Thank you for replying.  I am trying very hard to get her on a schedule but she eats very poorly when she wakes up  Itry to keep at it but it ends up taking over an hour to give her her first bottle.  I just started solids so I am kind of at a lost with that.  So you have a routine I could look at and make it fit my life.  I also  have a son that goes to preschool 3 days a week.

Tonight I did our night time routine 6:00 bath, massage, book bottle bed.  She went down for 20 minutes and then woke up and I could not get her back down.  I finally gave her a bottle and she went down I don't know for how long but we will see.  I will take any suggestions.  She also goes to sleep on her own for her naps but her 2nd nap is not long maybe 30-45 minutes.
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 5 1/2 month old crying for 2 hours
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 04:19:40 am »
I'm thinking she is having her 6mo growth spurt... with my ds#1, we had this horror time when he wouldn't settle at about 5 1/2months, I bf & then one night, no idea why I tried it I gave a bottle too & he settled... Have you tried giving her a second bottle when she won't settle??

Re the routine, there is no "one size fits all" & if you want some ideas you could try looking in the EASY forum, where most Routines are posted & then see if you can get ideas to fit around your preschoolers needs & also your lo... I know that my ds#2's routine is pretty fluid to fit around toddler activities. but I do try to make sure I don't over tire him, which is a main issue with sleep problems.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05