Author Topic: Spitting Milk out...new trick...need help!  (Read 1076 times)

Offline StephC

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Spitting Milk out...new trick...need help!
« on: March 15, 2006, 20:48:11 pm »
Hi , I know that I have come to the right place...every on here is always so helpful!

My 5.5 month old daughter has been a really crappy bottle drinker since day 1, only ever taking a few OX at a time, but still growing like crazy so I have learned not to stress over that anymore....BUT she is getting worse with her drinking habits.  For the past few weeks she takes sips, and then spits a whole bunch out...needless to say she is always a distaster with milk all over her and I am constantly having to change her.  It doesn't seem to matter what kind of formula I use or what kind of bottle i use, I have even tried sippy cups (which she loved and didn't want to give back to me) BUT she still spits her milk out.  I am so frustrated and don't know why she would be doing this and how to help her.  I just can't wait till she doesn't need so many bottles of milk in a day. 

Anyone know when it is OK to give up her bottle  and use a sippy cup, although she still spits up her milk she seems to like it more!

TIA for any advise or thoughts you guys might have,

Steph

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Spitting Milk out...new trick...need help!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 09:01:46 am »
Steph
There seems to be a few of us with LO's the same age who are going through exactly the same thing. I can give DS 10oz and it will all come back out , and he laughs  >:(   you can imagine the mess!!

I introduced DS to a sippy when he was 4.5months, first of all I gave his an OZ of milk in it to play with, make sure you get the non-spill type. Now I give him as much as I can in his bottle 5/6oz and the last couple of OZ go into his sippy.

This post got going last week and it may be worthwhile checking it out  https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=55022.0.

HTH
Lauren x