Author Topic: How much is too much? Or not enough?(10 mos)  (Read 973 times)

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
How much is too much? Or not enough?(10 mos)
« on: March 16, 2006, 02:35:39 am »
Im having a bit of a struggle with my sons schedule since I am trying to drop his 11 am bottle. Here is what the schedule looked like until yesterday:
Wake 7am
Bottle 7:05
Solids 8am
Nap --fall asleep somewhere between 9-45 till about 11-11:15
Bottle 11am ( has been drinking 2 ounces initially, and once we'd get to the gym the girls would try to give him a few more ounces--didnt work too wellthough)
Solids 12:30--1pm
Bottle 3pm
Nap 3-3:15 depending on bottle
Wake 4-4:15
Solids 4:30-5pm
Bath 7pm
Bottle 7:20
Sleep 7:30-8pm

I have now tried to, as I said, take out the 11 am bottle--but Im a bit lost as to how much I should give of finger foods etc instead? Today I gave melon...juice..cracker and cheese. I dont know if this is enough? or too much? And...should  be giving his solids as said in the schedule at 12:30? ARGH!!! Just not sure if he's getting enough. He slept through the night last night when I had made the change yesterday...so I guess he wasn't hungry. Any advice, or ideas etc for 10 month old would be very helpful!
Thanks
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
Re: How much is too much? Or not enough?(10 mos)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 03:44:15 am »
Well my DD is a bit younger than your DS but we went through this at 5 months only taking 2 ozs whixh i had to force into her but she would also fuss with her bedtime bottle. So i combined 11am&3pm bottle and gave it to her between the two times. It worked a treat so this is how her day looks and has since 5 months.
7am - Wake
7.30am - Bottle 7ozs
8.15am - Cereal/yoghurt with another 2ozs of milk
9.30am - Sleep 1.5-2hrs
12pm - Lunch Fruit and Custard
1pm - Bottle 5.5ozs (use to be 7ozs but has just started drinking less)
2pm - Sleep 1.5-2hrs
4pm - Want to add a snack here to get her through until dinner
5pm - Dinner Veges & Meat and Jelly for afterwards if still hungry
6pm - Bath
6.30pm - 7ozs
7pm - Bed.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 03:57:06 am »
I thought about the bottle drop as well, although for us it was the 5pm bottle that she sometimes didn't want.  I found that if I properly spaced out her bottles and her solids I would get the best results.  We don't do snacks yet because she's not ever starving enough to want a snack, and she's not too proficient with finger foods yet.  Here's our schedule:

7:30 Wake
8am bottle
9:15am oatmeal & veggie
between 10&10:30 nap
12pm wake
12:30pm bottle
1:30pm yogurt, tofu & fruit mix
bwt 3&3:30 nap
4:30wake
5pm bottle (usually drinks about 4oz)
6:15pm babyfood dinner w/oatmeal or eggyolk mixed in
8pm bottle
8:30pm bed

I really think it's up to you how you want to go about introducing snacks, but you might try to do it instead of the 11am bottle and maybe give her a little bit of milk in a cup to drink with her snack.

Offline Intransit

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 01:20:49 am »
Thank you for both of your replies. Here's what Ihave been doing the past 2 days: Instead of 11am bottle I give him some cheese/crackers/fruit or veg and some very diluted juice in a sippycup. The thing is..he usually eats solids 1 hour after his bottle (ie bottle 7am--solids 8am) and now that I am giving him solids at 11---should I be giving solids at 12!? I didn't do that today..cause were were out...but I did give him a 4oz bottle, and he was content until 3pm which is totally normal.
I know there is no SET time for anything, and reading signs is  a large part...but I worry about him not getting enough, and also do not want to undo all that we have accomplished!
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.