Author Topic: where do i start?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline OneMagicMummyv2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
where do i start?
« on: March 16, 2006, 14:50:45 pm »
Harrison has bee n accidental parented right in to scream town.  he will not sleep any wherer cept when getting rocked A cos had his jabs last week B im ill with cold and DH with bronchitis last week n 2 other kids abbie was teethin n now has cold too.

which part of easy is best to start with the E or the S.  his eating has gone out window too he turning in to a snacker.  right now he is sleeping in my arm.  cat start any pu/pd today as im alone with all 3.  we are gonna start it tomorrow as dh has weekend off so we can take turns. 

sush pat works untill i lie him down the he screams blue murder.  proper "your killing me" from-bottom-of-lungs screams. 

i dunno wherer to start or how im gonna get thru rest of today  DH has gone to work DS1 is ok but DD is ill and keeps screaming(cos cant get her own way little minx) and waking baby up.

please help!!! 

kiz

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: where do i start?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:48:56 am »
Kiz, I'm so sorry your having a rough time.  I'm not sure exactly what to offer you, except some advice on where to start.  I personally think if you start with a solid feeding routine, the rest is easier to work with.  For example, if you try to extend his feedings to 3 hrs apart (I can't remember his age so you might have to adjust that example), then based on that you would be able to know how much activity time he's had, and when he'd reasonably be tired.  By knowing that he's fed, has a clean diaper, has had some play time, etc, then when he starts acting fussy or yawning, you'd know he's tired. 
Have you had time to read about shh/pat or pu/pd?  Do you swaddle, have a good sleep environment, have a wind down routine?
Let us know what other help you need.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline OneMagicMummyv2

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:05:29 am »
i have tried all that i do swaddle and try to follow a bed time routine but some times im trying to settle H n ben n abbies are fifghting ir sumat so i have to leave him for a sec to sort them out n when i get back hes all wound up again.  he us now 20 weeks n is even worse ovr last week or so.  sleeps only 1 hour each nap will not go back to sleep no mattr how hard i try .  feeds ever 2.5-3 hours . does have a sort of routine of eat play sleep wake up play eat etc etc.  feel like im going nuts. i need sleep

kiz

Offline HeatherC

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 15:37:41 pm »
After he feeds, how long then until he's ready for a nap? 
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline OneMagicMummyv2

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 18:44:44 pm »
some tiumes straight away but more offten than not between 30-60 mins  can take anything from 2-30 mins to settle him specialy if i miss the window or one of others needs me

kiz

Offline HeatherC

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 19:53:46 pm »
The best I can tell you at this moment is to let him sleep whenever he shows tired signs.  Even if he has just woken, eaten, and only had a little A time, if he seems tired put him down.  If he's taking short naps, which really 1 hr can be a good nap, then he might be tired more often and might need to S periods in the EASY cycle (EASASE).  The more he gets to sleep, the more time you have for yourself and the other children.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007