Author Topic: Help Still waking at night  (Read 1277 times)

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 17, 2006, 02:28:19 am »
Hello,

I have a 5 1/2 month old little girl and she is about 19lbs.  I have her on the 4 hour E.A.S.Y.  I am going to answer the question that was on the boards and maybe someone has some advice for me.  These boards have helped me so much I can even tell you so now I am back for some more advice.  Here we go:

How old is your child?  51/2 month
What’s his/her daily routine? 4 hour E.A.S.Y
What’s nap routine? Most of the time 3 naps 1st nap from 1-2 hours  2nd nap 40 min- 1 1/2  cat nap maybe 30-40min
How long are naps?
What's bedtime routine? Time? 5:50 bath quiet time in rroom bottle sleep at 7:00pm
Do you bottle or breastfed?? bottle
How much? or how long? 8 oz 45- 1 1/2
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)
How many wakes per night? 1-3
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? Just for a feeding then back down sometimes it takes 1 1/2 to get her back down but not very often
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry?fussing and crying
What have you tried to settle?? pat / shush if that doesn't work that means she hungry and she'll take between 5-7 oz.
What do you do for A time and how long is it? We do alot of different stuff
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? I don't think so
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) I did introduce it but then I stopped because she wasn't drinking her formula.  I was thinking about starting it again
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? no
Do they have a lovie?
yes a lttle bunny
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: Help Still waking at night
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:30:47 am »
Hi there

It sounds like your DD still needs a feed during the night - that is not at all uncommon for babies at 5 and a half months. 

Do you offer a dreamfeed?

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:28:52 pm »
Yes,  sometimes but she still seems to wake up and eat again.  I am at a lost.  So you think I should start the cereal again?
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Jo-FrasersMum

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 08:09:07 am »
Hi there

I personally don't think starting solids before 6 months is a good idea - and research suggests that it will make no difference to night wakings.

I think that there will be times that your 5.5 mo may still need 2 feeds during the night.  My DS feed up to 2 times per night until he was 9 months old, and still wakes most nights for a feed (and he is almost 1).  I suggest that you try hard to make sure that your DD falls asleep independently at the beginning of the night, and that you respond quickly to her when she wakes.  If you are unable to settle her reasonably quickly, I would suggest you offer her a feed.

Because you are bottle feeding, you can use the slow diluting method detailed in the post at the top of the board. 

Good luck
Jo

Offline **Clare**

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 134
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 14:55:55 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to get my 'Lillie pie' thing on my messages Ive left? If this works just ignore me! Thank you xxx