Author Topic: 3 hr. EASY routine  (Read 1091 times)

Offline melbrad

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 17, 2006, 20:29:16 pm »
How long should I keep my little one on a 3hr EASY routine?  She is 9 wks old?  When do babies begin to lengthen their feeds?

Offline llambden

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Calvin Oct 16/05
Re: 3 hr. EASY routine
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 20:34:09 pm »
I found when my little boy was about 3.5 mths he was a little hungry at 3 hrs but would not eat much so then I would hold he off for 4 hrs and now he eats awesome again and is back to sleeping through the night.  Sometimes he even goes 4.5 hrs without eating.  He is now 5 mths so I do feed him cereal.

So I would say around 3-4 mths.  Have have read that some babies will just put themselves on it.  Which I think my boy would have but I was in the routine of always feeding 3 hrs so when the 3hrs came up I would just feed and not wait for the signal.

Hope that helps.
LORI

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 14:33:53 pm »
It's different for each little one.  I would suggest following your los cues.  When they start stretching it out themselves you will know they are ready.  But you can try 15 minutes at a time to see if they are still ok with their routine or ready to go longer. 

I think my lo was 4 months when he went to a 4 hour easy.  But it was modified.  Some feeds were 4 hours, some were 3.

HTH
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline JacobMarksMummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Jacob Mark From Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 17:16:48 pm »
I agree with the above! Most LO's gradually stretch out thier shcuedule by themselves. My LO wasnt on four hour easy until about 6months. Dont worry too much about timings follow your LO's cues , they seem to know what they are doing. Rty not to stress and enjoy your baby  :)
Nome, Mummy to :-
Jacob Mark - 26/04/05
Beatrice Anita 31/10/06