Author Topic: snack and dinner  (Read 914 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
snack and dinner
« on: March 17, 2006, 22:27:25 pm »
I nurse Jency in the afternoon and then give him 1-2oz of yoguart after that then we have dinner 2-2.5 hours later.  Recently he has started refusing dinner.  Should I cut back on the snack or cut out the BF?  I don't want to completely wean him until he is 11.5 months old and I wasn't planning on dropping any BF until 10.5 months and then do one a week.  But if I should drop the BF to get him to eat dinner I will.  Or should I  just cut back on the snack and drop the BF later?
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: snack and dinner
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 22:36:39 pm »
i would have dropped the snack and bf at least i would have done that until 12 months

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 16:14:58 pm »
Adria, just wanted to make sure you read my reply on the june/july  board, so I'm posting it here as well...

Adria, I think that Jency might be ready to drop a feeding and just do the snack.  I was feeding Luke 4 bottles a day (we dropped the dreamfeed last month!!!  ) with three meals and a snack.  He's started to take less of his 10:30 bottle and so I just give him two ounces and a snack at that time.  He still takes his other three bottles...the full amount, so it's good.  I read another post on another board that refers to the newest book and it made the point that at this age we should start getting them more adjusted to a "kid" schedule as opposed to a "baby" schedule.  At this age, they should start dropping bottles and moving to more solids and snacks.  Jency will still get plenty of milk from his mama.  Remember that he's getting older and doesn't need quite as much.  I'll try to find the post...

OK Adria, I just read your post again, and I think that you might need to think about dropping the dream feed.  BELIEVE ME I know that it's scary and that you're thinking "But he sleeps all night, I don't want to drop the dream feed b/c he'll get hungry!"  I would start reducing it gradually.  I don't know how to do that if you're breast feeding, but with the bottle, I would take away an ounce a night.  Eventually he got to the point where he might take an ounce and then push the bottle away.  Could you time it and just take away a minute each night?  You want Jency's calories to be during the day as much as possible.  It might also help with the night wakings, believe it or not.  It did here.  Another thing is, the yogurt might be upsetting his tummy just a little and he doesn't want to eat.  I dunno....just some of my thoughts

God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 15:09:14 pm »
thanks Amy!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08