Author Topic: Bath Troubles tip  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Bath Troubles tip
« on: March 18, 2006, 04:11:58 am »
Gage as always hated baths until now. I figured out that he hated to be cold. Duh!  ::) Even though I was putting a warm wet wash cloth on his tummy it just wasnt enough. Now I let him kick around a little, and then I get a hand towel wet to cover his whole body and he LOOOOOOVES it. He loves to suck on it, it is warm, and it relaxes him. It is kind of a pain having a wet towel all of the time, but whatever helps the little munchkins ;)

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
Re: Bath Troubles tip
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 15:46:27 pm »
To get the bathroom nice and toasty, I have a shower before Theron's bath, either with Daddy holding him in the bathroom, or with him lying on his changing mat while I sing at the top of my voice through the [clear] shower curtain. He gets so excited everytime he hears the shower now, as he thinks that bathtime is next!

Doesn't help when Daddy showers at 3am to get ready for work  ::)

It did take him a while to get used to the bath experience too.

Offline ambersmum

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Juilet - Manchester England
Re: Bath Troubles tip
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 19:41:16 pm »
I was making the water too cold as I was anxious to not burn her skin. Just a few degrees warmer made all the difference. She loves the bath now. When she was tiny we bathed her in the sink, she liked it being a confined space compared to the big bath.