Author Topic: schedule help needed for 6 month old  (Read 3854 times)

Offline MPalmer

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: schedule help needed for 6 month old
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 17:03:29 pm »
Thanks so much Calums_Mum!

I too was having trouble w/ the 40 min. nap...but someone in the naps forum (I can't remember who darn it!) said to try to extend A time and that has worked!  Bless their heart for helping state the obvious, yet why is it I didn't think of that! haaa

Also...I read somewhere in the night wakings forum to try keeping naps to 1.5 hrs to help aleviate early wakings?!?!  I'm scared to tamper with his naps though because dealing w/ the 40 min naps made for some very un-fun days!  Plus, Tracy has said that better naps = better night time sleep?!? 

Have you heard of trying this for early wake ups?   Last night for example, he only got 9 hrs of sleep...8:30 to 5:30.  I try to let him re settle himself back to sleep...but he won't have it.  By 6:00 am he was doing his "yelling/cry" which it never gets better after that! haa

P.S.  Can't wait for this stinking time change to hurry up and get here!  It's like waiting to go to the dentist! haaa
Michele - mom to Alex 10/3/05

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 18:41:16 pm »
Discovered that early wake ups in our case was due to first tooth, not sure if this helps, but has gone back to normal thank goodness now
Amelie Grace's mum

Offline Emma1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 19:04:32 pm »
My LO is approaching 6 months now, and I was told by my HV that she should be on 3 meals and 3 bottles by 6mo. (I guess this was the standard advice before they were told to recommend babies not to be weaned before 6months??).   

Evie is presently on 4 bottles (8oz) and 3 meals - was thinking I should reduce sometime soon.... however, I see you ladies are on 4bottles still though.... not sure what to do next now?!?

Also, I feel as though I am feeding milk/solids all day now! 

6.30am 8oz
7.30 bfast
11.15 8oz
11.45 lunch
2.30 8oz
4.45 dinner
5.45 8oz

Any recommendations?

Mummy to Evelyn Daisy 11th October 2005

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 19:33:15 pm »
Emma1
My LO is approaching 6 months now, and I was told by my HV that she should be on 3 meals and 3 bottles by 6mo. (I guess this was the standard advice before they were told to recommend babies not to be weaned before 6months??).   

I don't believe some info HV give they are pretty inconsistant, my LO is the same age as yours and we are still on 4 bottles and happy to stay there. However, I do not of other people on this site who have gone to 3 bottle, BUT generally they all say that their LO's instigated the dropped bottle (usually the 2nd feed)

If you are happy on 4 bottles per day, my advise is stick with it.  Every baby is different, just becasue a HV sees other LOs on 3 bottles doesn't mean your will. I always listen to my HV and take the bits I need to suit us. I know what you mean about the feeding all day - it is an hour for us at each feed for mikl /solids.

This is my routine, I don't wait the 1hr before giving solids only 15/20mins - we would be there all day  ::) and I know DS can handle it.

Wake 7am
E0730 8oz inc milk over breakfast
  0800/0815 ready brek/weetabix with fruit

E1200 5oz
  1230 veggies and protien followed by a yogurt

E 1600/1630 5oz
   veggies

E1900 + 1940 split last bottle with bath.

I have also started to introduce rusks or finger foods, he took a piece of turnip tonight and chewed it  :o

HTH's
Lauren x

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 19:38:01 pm »
MPalmer sorry for the delay in answering you my email notification hasn't worked for about a week  :'( :'( :'(

Also...I read somewhere in the night wakings forum to try keeping naps to 1.5 hrs to help aleviate early wakings?!?!  I'm scared to tamper with his naps though because dealing w/ the 40 min naps made for some very un-fun days!  Plus, Tracy has said that better naps = better night time sleep?!? 

Have you heard of trying this for early wake ups?   Last night for example, he only got 9 hrs of sleep...8:30 to 5:30.  I try to let him re settle himself back to sleep...but he won't have it.  By 6:00 am he was doing his "yelling/cry" which it never gets better after that! haa

Early wake ups, it great you tried to get him back to sleep, but I think he may be relying on you now to bf him to get him back to sleep - is this happening every morning.  To be honest, DS went through at stage of 0530 wake ups, but he can get himself back to sleep (unless ill) I ave also heard of other mums have the same 0530 wake ups, you will see it posted all over the night waking board - it may be developmental and just a phase.

Kezia - glad to hear you got to the root of the problem (no pun intended  :P :P)
Lauren x

Offline MPalmer

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 22:36:56 pm »
Hi Lauren~

Thanks so much for your reply on our early wakings.   I HOPE it's a phase because it is really draining me! 

Actually I don't BF him back to sleep...I just try to postpone his BF until at least 6:30 to try to keep on schedule.  Out of sheer exhaustion, I have considered breastfeeding him back to sleep, but I know that could encourage a contimually habitual 5 AM wake-up...so I have not done it.  When I do BF him at 6:30 he does try to go back to sleep...  I thought this was a sign that he's not getting enough calories during the day, but he eats a lot of solids, and I can tell he's not that hungry at ea. BF.

I don't think he's teething, he doesn't seem to be having any bad reactions to solids, his room is warm & dark, I don't go into his room at 5 am unless he's really crying...so don't know what else to think...except hopefully it's just a phase????   :-\

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 06:22:26 am »
If he is crying you can also try pu/pd
Lauren x

Offline MPalmer

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2006, 22:40:59 pm »
Well...sometimes he cries if he's just totally awake...and other times he tries to go back to sleep but it takes a million times of me going back in there to re-plug paci.   I do PU/PD if he cries...but I pray it will never come to that every morning cuz it's a stressful thing hearing that LOUD cry so early in the AM! haaaa

I have been keeping a sleep diary and this early morning waking has been going on for a month...  So...I hope that means that it is almost due to end soon!!!  Our 6 mo. appt with the Dr. is this friday too, so I plan to ask if he's got any advice too?  It will be interesting to see what he's got to say.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!