Author Topic: Colic - Cow and Gate Omneo  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Callumsmum-Lu

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 18, 2006, 19:48:13 pm »
My lo has been diagnosed with Colic although the doc. told me I'd just have to ride it through, which I thought was extremely harsh.  I was advised about C &G Omneo which is for sensitive tummys, so I immediately bought a box last night and and started his feed on it from 10pm last night.  Has anyone any idea how long it can take to have an affect as so far I can see no results, except for v.smelly nappies!

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Re: Colic - Cow and Gate Omneo
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 20:06:50 pm »
i know "ennypen" uses this formula . might be worth sending her a pm
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 21:43:52 pm »
One of my friends uses it, she got very smelly nappies as well!! I have just text her and she says 2 days to a week.
Her DD had been breastfed then changed to SMA, this upset her tummy (she was 7 weeks prem) she her mum has been on Omneo ever since.
HTH
Lauren x

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:10:53 am »
Have you also tried the anti-colic bottles? I have use Chicco's and Boots own inthe past. I tried MAM vent bottles but fond they leaky and took ages to heat up in the warner, becasue they are thcik and bulky.
Lauren x

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 11:36:41 am »
Hiya!

Ryan's mum pointed me in your direction..

I too had a very colicy little boy and I also met with the opinion that he would simply grow out of it and I shouldn't change his formula.. I was using aptamil at the time! One day when I was in tescos I saw the Omneo Comfort and it sounded perfect for William so I used my mommy sense and went ahead and put him on it.

For about 2-3 weeks we had very smelly, green nappies and lots and lots of egg smelling trumping but almost immediately the colic started to vanish so I persevered. In next to no time William was transformed. He hardly spat any milk back, we had no back arching, crying or any sign that he was in any pain. The wind could escape and started to become less smelly and became "normal" amounts for a LO.. I have to be honest I would recommend Omneo Comfort to anyone who has a LO with colic or digestion troubles - its been fantastic for William.

The only thing I will say is its best made up the night before. As the instructions say its best made with fairly hot water so its difficult to use as some mommies do where they take the bottle of water out with them and mix in the formula as the feed is needed.

I also changed my bottles soon after this to the Dr Browns Bottles - now called B-Free. They are briliant too as they stop the LO swallowing so much air as they feed and they make it wasy and smooth to drink the formula from the bottle. With Omneo comfort I found that I could still use the number 1 teats and have worked up through the stages as normal.

http://www.babybfree.com/

Yet another thing to try - Colief... its absoutely fantastic!! Even with the Omneo William still had some gas but with the addition of Colief drops to his bottle he was a very calm relaxed and settles young man! It does look expensive at Ģ10 a bottle - but the dr will prescribe it if you ask nicely.

http://www.colief.com/

If I were you give the Omneo Comfort a chance!

Helen xx

Offline Jacy_Elizabeth

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 19:13:37 pm »
Hi there...new member today hope I am doing this correctly :). My lo has been on Omneo for the last two days after being very unselttled on Aptamil for the last three weeks (he is seven weeks tomorrow) we have tried Infacol, gripe water, and Colief which made him poo alot but he wasn't settled. He seems more settled in the day but at both 5pm feeds for the last two days he has thrown his legs up and gone ridged, obviously wind is the problem as since we started on Omneo it is virtually impossible to get any wind from him. Is this normal?? Can we use anything with Omneo to help him pass wind/poop?? We have had a few smelly pops but no explosive smelly nappies as has been experienced by other users of Omneo. Maybe we are rushing things and it will take a while ???
Jacy & Oliver
url=http://www.tickercentral.com][/url

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 19:15:49 pm »
we didn't stick with omneo comfort so no advice but had to post how cute your avatar is , it made me laugh
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 19:27:20 pm »
Yeah cool picture   8)           

Have you tried giving the Omneo in an anti-colic bottle?
Lauren x

Offline Ennypen

• My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 19:44:59 pm »
Jacy- Elizabeth

With things like colief and infacol you need to be persistant - they don't work immediatey but do given a chance to work over a period of time. Same with the Omneo Comfort - you need to giveyour LO's system to respond to it.
With Infacol - use it before every feed. It works cumulatively so the more you keep using it the better it is at helping your LO to pass the wind.
With Colief - it takes a few days to notice any difference and you do need to use it with every feed.
With the Omneo Comfort - keep at it - the increased wind (its good wind though as it passes through easily) and the smelly nappys do get less and less as the babies system settles.
Colic does get worse in the evening but with use of those things above and anticolic bottles like the ones I described earlier you should see some positive results.

All that really did transform William and I swear by it!

Helen xx

Offline Jacy_Elizabeth

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 19:55:29 pm »
Thanks for the all the advice, we have one Dr. Brown's bottle in the draw so I will get that sterilised. Will see how we get on with Omneo only for the next fews days or so, if he still has wind then I guess we can move on to adding Colief or Infacol to help him.

Thanks also for all the picture comments, Oliver's Dad took that picture when my back was turned ::) very funny it is though. ;D
Jacy & Oliver
url=http://www.tickercentral.com][/url

Offline Ennypen

• My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 19:57:36 pm »
Sounds like a good plan - if you need any more support with it just shout.. Id be pleased to help you.

Helen x

Offline Callumsmum-Lu

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 08:36:10 am »
Just thought Id update you all.  As you know my lo has been on Omneo since Friday (17th), I' had been already been using Infacol and Browns bottles but changed from infacol to colief. The results are wonderful as settling him to sleep is a lot easier, where it used to take two hours it now takes quarter of an hour.  And last night we gave him his last bottle at 10:30 and he didnt wake until 4am and then he settled until 7am.  I know omneo is more expensive but it is well worth it (even with those evil nappies!)

Thanks to all for replying and to anyone with a colicky baby try it, it worked for me. ;D

Offline Ennypen

• My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 08:48:05 am »
I am so so so so pleased for you!! What wonderful news!

You can still use infacol and colief at the same time - which makes for less wind and whatever wind is there comes up more easily.

Omneo is certainly a little more expensive than some other formulas but i totally agree it is worth it!

Hehe the smelly nappies and wind will soon go away never you fear!

Take care and I hope you LO continues to be a happy and settled little man!

Helen xx

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 12:12:57 pm »
Glad to hear your getting on better  :D
Lauren x