Author Topic: help need advice for night wakings although on a EASY routine since birth  (Read 1021 times)

Offline kcolaes

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
maybe this mail has already come in but my PC has mail-problems for the last two hours

hello everybody, i need your advice (sorry for my written english but i'm from belgium)

our daughter (10.5 months old) was a good sleeper since she was 12 weeks old, i followed Tracy's EASY-routine and she slept easely through the night from 7pm 'till 7am (perfect)
she has a blankie

a month ago she had an double ear infection and since then things got worse, although we never tried accidental parenting
when she cried we calmed her in her own bed, never took her to our room and never fed her, she fell asleep on her own after 30-40 minutes
now she's better but the night wakenings are still there between 2.30am and 4.30am, she still goes easely to sleep on her own after our bedtime-routine during day and night
at night she wakes up crying (bad dreams, milestone? she's crawling for over two months, no teething either)
it takes me about 40minutes to calm her so that she can go to sleep
i've read tracy's new book and she confirmed my 'behaviour' during my daughter's night wakenings: calm her, try the PD (from PU/PD) and lay your hand on her back or on her tommy (i do it untill she's calm and not untill she falls asleep, then i leave the room without big problems)
the night wakenings never tend to happen around the same hour, so i can't try to wake her an hour before her waking point
she also wakes up very early (5.30-6am) although she lacks sleeping time because of her night wakenings

i'm pregant again, i work full time and my husband is regulary abroad for his job so please what should i do or what do i do wrong? at night she is never hungry

my daughter has quite a good routine and in the daycare center they follow it perfectly, she's very happy there

how it used to be:
7am: waking and bottle (10-11OZ)
9.30-9.45am: nap
11-11.15: waking and lunch (solids vegetables, meat or fish)
2pm: nap
4pm: waking and fruits and babycookies
6pm: sandwich, babycookie, snack
bath
7pm: bottle (10-11OZ)
7.15pm: bedtime

when she's awake too soon (5.30-6am) i try to put her down for her nap not before 9am
should i move gradually the naps? my daughter shows no signs of quiting the morning nap
the way and amount she's eating i think at night she is not hungry
maybe it's just a period (this excuse is actually no good for me anymore)

thanks in advance for your replies

kathleen and daughter Jill

Jo-FrasersMum

Hi Kathleen

When did your DD start daycare?  Is she waking only once during the night or more frequently?

Ta
Jo

Offline kcolaes

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
hello, first of all i want to mention that my e-mail by mistake is placed twice on this board
i've already chatted with another mom
thanks for your reply

my daughter is going to daycare since last december, she is pretty happy there and she sleeps there rather easy (2 times 1.5 hour)
could it be that she wakes because of nightmares?
it doesn't matter if she went to daycare or stayed at home, both ways she will wake during the night
the wakings are once or twice (around midnight screaming (nightmare?) and around 3-5 am)

could it be hunger? i've tried last weekend to give her a sandwich around 9am and a pudding around 4.30pm
we've got two beautiful nights on a row but last night she woke up crying (nightmare?) around 11.30pm

the most frustrating thing is that in tracy's book she talks about going down in the room, calm her and make her go sleep in her bed
i 'performed' all this for the last weeks, never took her out of bed and i see no big improvement (i stay just untill she's calm and not untill she's asleep)
the wakings keep coming and the needed time to get her back to sleep stays the same (1hour-1.5 hours)
what am i doing wrong?