Author Topic: night waking between 3 - 10x's a night.......!!!!  (Read 1023 times)

Offline sarahprater1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
night waking between 3 - 10x's a night.......!!!!
« on: March 21, 2006, 19:49:35 pm »
hi i am new to this, so i may waffle - will try not too.... my boy is almost 4 months old and has been on EASY for about 6 weeks, 3 hr routine, i extended him to 4 hours 2 weeks ago as he seemed ready as wasn't eaten much anymore - this was tough but we have sorted this now  :D and his routine is great, he is very happy and contented during the day:

0600 bottle - approx 120-180mls at each feed - play
0800 nap
1000 bottle - play
1200 nap
1400 bottle - play
1600 nap
1800 bottle then play, bath
1930 bottle (cluster feeding) then sleep. ( does not have dummy to go to sleep with at this point in the night)
2230-2300 dream feed.

He now wakes at around 0300 each morning - I would settle him with a dummy and that was fine - now he wakes at 0300, 0330, 0400, 0430 - you get the idea!?!  :o again me and dummy are settling him - now I must confess I think i have been going to him too quickly, but now when I am trying to leave him to settle himself he can't so he cries until i go in - I don't know how to correct my accidental parenting! Plus how do I wean him off the dummy - he hasn't found his thumb yet.  Also I have tried the wake to sleep but it didn't fix it - which makes me wonder if i am expecting too much of him - should he still have a night feed (I never had these problems when he did..) how many of you are still night feeding at his age?? ???

I do think, to add to it, that he may be teething - dribbling lots and ramming everything into his mouth - doesn't seem in pain and has no teeth yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i am now very very tired and finding it harder and harder to think straight....

Thank you.  Sarah  :-*
Alec's mum - a gorgeous beast of a boy!

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: night waking between 3 - 10x's a night.......!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 21:01:14 pm »
the three naps are fine - only the third should be a catnap of a half hr to 45 minutes...i wouldn't let lo sleep any longer than that as it is probably disrupting his night sleep. are you feeding at night? if so how many times?  it is normal for some lo's to wake for a feeding or even two at this age - but the other wakings need to be corrected before you have a bad habit on your hands! your routine looks pretty good other than that last nap though!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 21:09:46 pm »
oh and how is lo's daytime bm/formula intake??
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline sarahprater1

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 07:39:17 am »
Amazingly he slept through last night!!!!  He woke at 0420 so I lay listening to him determined not to go in until he actually cried (which I read on website last night) and he didn't he just settled himself!!  Thanks for your input - sorry didn't clarify yes he only has 45mins to 1 hour at 1700 - he can't manage to stay awake if he doesn't have that;  and he sleeps 1hr 30mins - 2hrs during other naps.

Isn't it typical that things settle once I put a cry out for help - long may it last.........

Thanks very much everyone  ;D

Offline sarahprater1

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 16:38:42 pm »
Thanks stacey,

but you are right, I thought about it and I had been letting him nap longer at his catnap but yesterday I didn't - so I will keep it!!  Thanks for your advice and support - may call on you again ....but hopefully my angel will not need it...... ::)