Author Topic: 13 months old is using my breast to sleep....HELP!!!  (Read 922 times)

Offline germanchriss

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
13 months old is using my breast to sleep....HELP!!!
« on: March 21, 2006, 21:44:28 pm »
Hey I need help. My englisch is not very good but I try my best. YEah Aven is a bit over a year and he never slept without my breast. He wakes up between 2-8 times at night and want my breast to suck. He has allready 10 teeth so he bites me...and he cant sleept without mt breast. He is crying. He is also teething right now..He cant sleep by his own and want me to be with him all the time. But I cant do this anymore. SO Im new here on the board so I need to read a little more to find out things to do. But I thought maybe can post me earlier to help me out here. PLEASE! I cant do this anymore. He is sucking all the times and  cryes... I cant just let him cry and dont give him the breast because he wants me to carry him around than. And I dont wanna do this. He is sleeping in his own bed for 1-4 h and comes to our bed after. What can I do? How do I do the Pick Up Thing? I need to read more about this. So can someboly tell me what to do? SHould I just let him cry and carry him around? He doesnt want the bottle or anything else...just the breast. I dont wanna breastfeed anymore, because it hurts and its bleeding. It also burns. So please help!!! (sorry for my post, but I dont know what to do)

Offline imsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
Re: 13 months old is using my breast to sleep....HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 20:11:38 pm »
Not sure if it's available to you but you might want to check out a book called Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution.  She has a technique called the "Pantley pull-off"  which is meant to help wean from the night feedings. 

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: 13 months old is using my breast to sleep....HELP!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 17:29:20 pm »
Hi!

You don't mention where you are and what language you'd be more comfortable speaking. In case you speak Spanish, there is a Spanish forum where we could help you establish a routine to help you stop breastfeeding in Spanish. In case you're in Mexico, i have the Virtual Libary in Spanish here, so I could lend you the toddler book to help you wean.

Mean time, you need to set a daytime routine to make sure your lo is not waking hungry at nights. After you're done with the day, we'd need to take a look at naps and bedtime rituals to figure something else out.

KEep us posted and PM if you need anything else.
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake