Author Topic: daytime naps and dummies  (Read 1003 times)

Offline fibernie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 21, 2006, 10:24:49 am »
Hello all
I'm new to the board and trying out EASY - in my second week now with 11 week old baby Hannah (who was born at 36 weeks and weighed 6lb).  All is going quite well but I seem to spend much longer than baby whisperers 20 minutes settling her down for daytime naps.... It goes a little like this:
Set the scene
Shush pat - for about 10 minutes - Hannah relaxes
Into pram (use for daytime naps)
More patting and dummy in mouth to settle futher - pat and shush another 10 minutes
As soon as she seems asleep I leave and then spend the next hour either re-swaddling or putting the dummy back in her mouth - she'll eventually fall asleep about half an hour before she's due for next feed.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated!

Fiona :)

Offline Stacey Lee

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 15:51:10 pm »
I am new to the board also, and have the same problems. Sam is 4 months old, and goes to sleep well, but needs to be swaddled and soothered. If the swaddle comes apart, or soother falls out, then he wakes up. What I am trying now is to each nap, swaddle him more loosely and keep one arm out. Then two arms, until he gets used to having his arms free. Then I will tackle the soother issue, not sure how though...he wakes up in the night and we rush in and put it back in....any suggestions would be appreciated....