Author Topic: 4 month EASY and the dreamfeed  (Read 952 times)

Offline tt

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 22, 2006, 00:41:17 am »
I have an almlost 4 month old and was going to be transitioning from the 3 hour EASY to the 4 hour EASY.  I have tried to dreamfeed before but my baby just doesn't wake up for it so I've given it up.  She has been sleeping though the night since 2 months and currently goes for about 9 hours before waking up at night to eat.  She generally sleeps from 7 - 7:30 pm to 4:30 -5:00 am and then right back down until about 7 am when she wakes up for the day.

I'm wondering if it's neccessary to do the dreamfeed if she already sleeps for that long on her own.

Also, it is impossible for me to stay home 2 weeks straight to transition to the 4 hour EASY. I will try but there are certain weekly committments that I can't get out of...will this screw up the transition? 

I'm also going to have a very difficult time with the A...my baby currently is doing the short little 45 minute naps and can ony stay up for around an hour and max an hour and a half.  So my EASY is a little bit off although I've been doing wake to sleep to try and extend her naps.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm hoping the 4 hour EASY will solve the short naps issue?  Any successes out there?

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Re: 4 month EASY and the dreamfeed
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 13:17:44 pm »
You don't have to do the dreamfeed, but it helps with night wakings.  Go ahead and try it, see how she does. But if she wakes up in the middle of night go back to doing the dreamfeed.

My DD was like your DD.  I transitioned her onto a 3.5hr EASY she then went onto a 4hr EASY at 6 months.

Transitioning to a 4 hr EASY does help with short nappers.

HTH
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel