Author Topic: Adjusting 9month old routine  (Read 1223 times)

Offline jhcodrum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Adjusting 9month old routine
« on: March 22, 2006, 06:09:17 am »
Hi i was wondering if anyone has some advise for me. My almost 9month old son has always followed EASY i am currently breastfeeding 4 times a day at 6.30,10.30,2.30 and 6.30 with 3 meals a day. My problem is he is becoming less interested in his 10.30 and 2.30 feeds so i gather a snack would be better at these times however when would i do his 3rd feed during the day before lunch or after? he also currently still has a catnap late afternoon which i hope to eliminate. So has anyone got some great routines for a 9month old i can get a guideline from. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks Julie

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: Adjusting 9month old routine
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 07:23:17 am »
HI Julie

you can browse through the "sticky" for 6-12 months where everyone posts their routines.  we went thtrough the same thing at that age and we dropped the 3:30 feed as that was the one that was most hit and miss (sometimes woudl take a light feed and others she woudl drink a whole bottle  ::) but once we dropped it she was fine for the day overall)  usually you will drop whichever feed lo takes the least at / fusses most at... some people replace it with a snack (crackers and cheese, cheerios, yogurt etc) to tide over to next meal.  just keep one of those feeds for now and replace the other or eliminate it entirely.
HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline jhcodrum

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 10:02:40 am »
Thanks for your reply. I have had a good look at other routines in the thread you suggested. It appears most 9 month olds are able to stay awake for 3-4hrs unfortunately mine can't seem to get past 2.5 before looking tired. So i have come to the conclusion i will have to stick with 3 sleeps and 4 breastfeeds for the moment until he is able to stay awake for longer. It just means he has a slightly later bed time. This is the routine i have been using in case anyone else is having the same problems as i am.
6 - wake
6.30 Bf
7.45 - Breakfast solids
8.30-10 - sleep
10.30 - Bf
11.30 - lunch solids
12.30-2.30 - sleep
3- Bf
5-5.30 - catnap
6- Dinner solids
7-7.30 Bf
8 Bed
I guess in time he will be able to stay awake for longer and i will adjust it then.
Thanks

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 10:42:18 am »
he will get there in time - for now at least that looks like a really good routine - just try to increase his A timeover the next monthor so and you will probably see it change. soon enough the first nap will push closer to 9 and then 9:30 to start.   if he is a lo that does not like long A times and that does not happen soon, try leaving his first A time shortest and work on one of the others - like dropping the catnap and just moving up bedtime....

looks like you have a good thing going for now. trust your judgement (that's why Dh and I kept the DF until 9 mo for dd2 but dropped it at 3mo with dd1 - every kid is truly an individual!!)
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline jhcodrum

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 04:16:51 am »
Thanks Debra
You are so right every bub is different so i will just go with the flow for now.
Julie