Author Topic: Back to Early Wake ups!!  (Read 3778 times)

Offline imsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 14:28:22 pm »
What is ok in the crib probably depends on the child--I know my dd would find the light thing too stimulating - but then EVERYTHING stimulates her--she's a really spirited little imp!  It may be that your boys are comforted by it though, especially if it's something they've always had.

Offline Harrisonsmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 17
Re: Back to Early Wake ups!!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 15:36:56 pm »
Harrison ignores stuff in his cot, and when he was waking early I was putting a few toys just outside at the end where he stood up in the morning and could reach them! Anything to keep him quiet for a few minutes longer......mistake I think - I am sure he started to wake and jump up to get to the toys (and throw them on the floor!)

Now they have gone he seems to lie down for longer..........

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 16:17:02 pm »
yep, i beleive it depends on the child. Mine, for example has to have a "collection" of items and he can tell if one's missing and refuses to go down if "everyone" isn't there. He's got a dog, 3 bears, a bee, a wrestling guy ::), 2 ducks and a ball. Besides his blankie and the ocean wonders fisher price thing. I just put that one in "lock" cause sometimes he'd roll and kick in his sleep and turned it on with one foot and that would wake him in the night. But when he wakes, he's able to unlock it and turn it on and that buys me, on a good day, up to 45 mins of he amusing himself. BUt for some other kiddos i know, they just get more worked up with things in the crib. Seems that your lo's are ok with the toys they have.

Bad stuff they were up so early today. Damn time change!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline kellyann

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 23:39:28 pm »
Thanks for your opinions on the crib toys. I was just trying to think of what might be disturbing their sleep. Here is the update.
The boys napped only 1 hour yesterday and were up several times and finally up at 530am.  We took them back to the Dr. to make sure the ear infections had cleared up and found out all 4 years still infected!  :o  So now we are on a stronger antibiotic.  My poor boys..I hope this works.  At least we know that is probably what is interupting their sleep.  Wish me luck!   Kelly
Kelly :)

Mom to twin boys-
Brandon Thomas  7/2/04
Brayden James    7/2/04

Offline zelkad

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 02:26:44 am »
I hope the stronger antibiotics help...and quickly!  Very frustrating for all of you! :-\

Offline kellyann

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 10:55:08 am »
Well here I am again.....We just finished the 2nd dose of antibiotics on Sunday and both boys woke up Monday with low grade fevers and fussy.  Last night they were up every couple of hours crying.  I gave Motrin at 300am and they have been asleep since.  I can't believe that after 2 doses of Antibiotics that the ear infection would still be there.   :o
Has anyone else experienced this?  It has been close to 1 month now and my DH and I are exhausted and frustrated.  I'm going to make an appointment with the DR. today.  I thought maybe the 2nd molars were starting (both boys have their fingers in their mouths) but I don't see anything.  Thanks for any advice you can share,  Kelly

Mom to twin boys-
Brandon Thomas  7/2/04
Brayden James    7/2/04

Offline Cecilia~Olivia's mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 13:55:44 pm »
Hey Kelly, hang in there!
Olivia is just a monster w huge attitude these days so I feel like putting her up for adoption these days ;)
Poor boys, hope the meds work out better.  About the toys in the crib - usually Olivia has soft quite toys & one rattle (so I can hear she is awake)  This buys me time in the am if she wakes earlier & in a pretty decent mood.  If she is being a bear & uncooperative, like nap time for example, I remove them because she will play (more like throw) & not settle but become more stimulated & way overtired.  I'll just sit in the rocking chair or read a book to her (or I'm sitting on the floor)while she's still in her crib with her Mr. Bear.  When she's in that kind of mood I usually sit in the rocker with my head in my lap (like preparing for an airplane emergency landing ???), this way we have no eye contact & I'm not looking at the clock & she knows I'm still there. I stick around until she is asleep, then sit for exactly 4 additional minutes - temping to leave sooner but it always back fires on me.  This has helped her tremendously & gives me time to think about things aside from what I could have been doing if she would have fallen asleep 45 min ago like she was supposed to.  Naps are a must in our house hold ;)

TEETHING - OMG!!!  I hope the next baby is a laid back, carefree, wants to sleep all day, surprise just cut a tooth :o type of baby...I can dream can't I???
We would like to think teething is always the culprit & usually it is a huge factor,IMO, because teething is continuously happening for our lo's at this age during the same time they are sick, milestones...teething STOPS for no mom!! ::)

We'll get through this, I'll be thinking of you next time I'm a sitting prisoner in DD room ;D

{{{HUGS}}}

Offline kerrisspencer

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 19:09:15 pm »
Hi there!
Sorry to hear about your boys ear infections ...how awful. I feel for you though, as it is very tough on Mum. Just to let you know that my son Jay is 2 yrs 4 months and the only way we can get him to sleep until 6.30am is to not let him nap at all during the day. He goes to bed at 8pm - if he falls asleep during the day for even 10mins, he won't go to bed until 9 - 9.30pm and will still wake up at the same time in the am. The days can be long, I can tell you and he can be very, very tired but he is as strong as an ox, and this is the only method that works for us!!

2 children. Luca 9yrs(touchy/Spirited/active!!)and Jay 2yrs 6 months (determined/persistant) .

Offline kellyann

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 17:02:57 pm »
Thank you all for your kind words.  Here is a quick update.  The boys had their 2nd dose of antibiotics and still woke up Monday morning with low grade fevers , not eating, vomiting.  Went back to the Dr. on Tuesday and the Ear Infection is cleared up (GOOD NEWS) but the boys have picked up some yucky virus going around with cold symptoms, fever, vomiting and diarrhea...GREAT!  It is not our Month to say the least.   :'(  She said it should last about 5 days.  Today they seem to be feeling better but not great.  I just hope their ears stay clear or we will have to see an ENT.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend,
Kelly

Mom to twin boys-
Brandon Thomas  7/2/04
Brayden James    7/2/04