Author Topic: What if she wakes an hour earlier?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline shelliz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
  • Shelby - mom to two fabulous kids!
What if she wakes an hour earlier?
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:48:02 pm »
This is probally common sense...but I need some guidence.  My dd usually wakes at 7:00 a.m. to start her day. This week I am working on her night wakings and trying to get her through the night w/o feeding her (accept for the dreamfeed at 11:00).   Last night was the first night and I did p.u./p.d  at three different wakings. That went fine.  My question is....she woke at 6:15 a.m. and I went ahead and fed her and started the day. SO...now her nap schedule is moved up (well, everything is moved up by almost an hour).  Where do I make up for this extra time she has been awake? Do I give her a longer catnap, keep her up longer during activity time or just put her to bed early? I don't want to start this 6:15 time as a new habit. Any knowledge on this would be very helpful. I don't want to mess up this great 4 hr E.A.S.Y. I have going.

Thank you,
Shelby

Offline shelliz

Re: What if she wakes an hour earlier?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 16:09:05 pm »
Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks a bunch for any help!

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 00:14:50 am »
What I would do is add 10-15 mins in when you can... to me 4 hours means 3.5-4.5 hours... it isn't set in concrete, but a "fluid thing" a routine (ie series of events) rather than a timetable. So if she sleeps longer then let her, you may have to put her to bed earlier & you may find 6.15 is close to her "natural wake up time" & so you can't shift it much all at once, it may take a few weeks of gradual change
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline shelliz

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 00:24:40 am »
Thank you for the advice. I will try it!

Offline sazza

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 00:52:13 am »
i'm in a similar position - ds has started the day at 6.30ish for the last few days, as we have been going through the night w/o feeding also. i'm aiming to add 10-15 mins where i can but i find it doesn't always work out - ds frequently gets tired around 1 3/4hr after waking up so it can be hard to stretch him out much (though he is 5mo old and i feel he should be able to last a bit longer than this). last night i ended up just dawdling over bath/feed time last thing, as i hadn't been able to get any extra time in at all. he was a bit wakeful for the first couple of hours but i think we did ok.

keep us posted as to how you go, shelliz, as i would like to see how it works for you. good luck!
- Sarah
Aotearoa NZ

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 05:01:00 am »
if your routine looks something like aeasy to get to further to the 4hr + mark then so be it. the important thing is that your lo knows what to expect b/c they are still on a routine.  i wouldn't push too hard in the A time before sleep as you don't want lo to get overtired and not napping/sleeping well but try to adjust it to accomodate him - watch for sleep/hunger cues and go from there.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005