Author Topic: suggestions on type of lovey  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
suggestions on type of lovey
« on: March 18, 2006, 05:10:58 am »
I want to introduce a lovey as Gage seems to be drawn to blankies. However, I am nervous because he likes it near his face. I dont think he knows how to remove it when it inhibits his breathing. I have seen him with a blanket over his face and you can hear him try to breath and his  arms and legs flail until I remove it. Should I just wait?

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: suggestions on type of lovey
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 08:21:03 am »
If you are worried about it then I would not use it.  You could try a very light weight muslin cloth if he seems drawn to something like that instead - or wait until he is a little bigger.

HTH

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 05:07:22 am »
I agree use something light enough that he can move it himself. My DD sleeps ALL her naps with her banket up over her face, at first it made me nervous, but now she wont sleep during the day unless its over her face. Her blanket isn't her lovie though, she has a Angel Beany Buddy, I even have to send it to Nana's when she goes there. When you find what she uses have 2 and change them back an forth, then if you loose one you'll still have a second one.

HTH
Kimberly

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 06:28:23 am »
my lo also likes to have her face covered when falling asleep.  still to this day it does make me nervous but it is a very lightweight material ( a very old shirt of mine  ;)) and she usually has it off of her face by the time she is actually asleep.  she also has a teddy bear and another 'teddy giraffe' and i switch those around as well.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline bugbert's mama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 08:06:32 am »
this may sound gross, but my lo LOVES (and i mean LOVES) using a used burp cloth (cloth diaper) as his "lovey."  he will hang on to it, put it on his face, rub his face/mouth on it, chew on it, etc.  i've started sleeping with one for a couple of nights, then use it to nurse all day one day, then give it to him to sleep with that night.  we were concerned about his breathing, so we just placed his head on it when we put him in his crib, but soon he was pulling it out from under him so now we just let him hang on to it.  the nice thing is that i have so many and it's easy enough to get my scent on it so i don't have to worry about losing one or having to search ebay for another one!

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 08:26:12 am »
My dd has a muslin cloth and it's often over her face. Give a cloth the breathing test as I call it - put it over your face and see how well you can breath still. My ds has linen blankies (they are actually soft linen table mats  ;)) - also very thin.

Offline CharlotteandCharlie

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • These moments make my heart sing!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 15:31:31 pm »
My dd loves blankies as well.  I found these ones (sorry if its not okay to promote via link).  She is in Canada but ships outside.

I find it is great for chewing and clipping on to the stroller with linkadoos.

http://www.buddyblankies.com/CDNblankies.html
Charlotte mom to
Charlie Anne August 7, 2005
Campbell Rose March 27, 2007
And wife to the man of my dreams.

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 00:39:03 am »
We actually have several small stuffed animals - kind of like big beanie babies that Katie LOVES.  She buries her head in them when she falls asleep.  But, what I love about them is that I can set them on her face and she'll turn her head and they slide right off.  She won't use her hands to remove it (nor a blanket which scares me!) but she will turn her head and all of these fall right off with the slightest turn.  She has 3 pink lambs and 1 blue puppy that are all from Carter's (I bought them at the outlet store).  She also has the "My First Bunny" made by Ty, the beanie baby company.  Ty also makes pink and blue "My First Bears" that I've seen around.  I'm very comfortable with her sleeping with any of these.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt