Author Topic: I want her to crawl soooo much!!!!!  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: March 24, 2006, 17:18:27 pm »
Hi I just wanted to vent. She is almost 10 months and desperate for moving around and not being able to do so. I look at her and she is despertate for touching, learning new things and not being able to move as she would love to. She gets so frustrated and so do I. Will it be like this till she walks? She is willing to crawl but fails on every attempt. Help!!!! Should I just help her move and help her learn how to reach for stuff she wants????
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 01:45:21 am by Bluemarbles »

Offline thitz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
Re: I want her soooo much to crawl!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 17:46:38 pm »
Hello, my dd never learnt to crawl proper.  She started walking by herself at 10.5 months and was a walking pro at 11 months.  Then around 12 months she started a kind of bum shuffling while still sitting crawl.  And she's only just started around 13 months to start to pull up.  She kind of did everything backwards ;) 

I think she still hasn't gotten the crawling cause it gives her a tummy ache.  She would always spit up when on her tummy.  (She was an acid reflux baby for her first 6 months).

Anyways, just goes to show that all babies are different :)!  Tarri

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: I want her to crawl soooo much!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 22:39:20 pm »
i know your desperation well!  some kids just take longer.  neither of mine started crawling before 11 months - and luke definitely wanted to be mobile before then.  i think they come preprogrammed with a set time to start crawling, and when they hit that - they're off! 

don't remember about jaina, but luke just starting pulling up at 13 months too, and no sign of walking yet.  jaina walked at 15 months. 

it will come!!!!  until then you just do what you can with reaching, etc.   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 22:50:26 pm »
There was a beautiful article in the Junior magazine last months called "last of the crawlers". Crawling is actually decreasing because of the lack of tummy time babies get. Problem is... a lot of babies don't like tummy time at all (mine doesn't either). They are not used to it because they don't sleep on their tummies anymore.

Crawling is kind of disappearing and I wouldn't worry about babies not crawling. Between one out of 10 and one out of five babies don't crawl.

Frustrating for the babies though...