Author Topic: Giving up on E.A.S.Y  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Elisabeth and Victorias mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
  • My baby sister, cute!!!
Giving up on E.A.S.Y
« on: March 24, 2006, 02:41:41 am »
My dd has been on E.A.S.Y. for 6 weeks and it seemed to work great for the first couple of weeks while we got into a routine, now it all seems like it is back firing.  She has grumpy evenings wont take afternoon nap and when in crib cries constantly ashh patt use to work and now it does not, she use to put herself to sleep in crib, now she wont.  She also was a great eater and now is finicky and cries while drinking, after a good burp and bum change she will finish the rest, it seems like such a chore for the poor little one since before she had no problems eatiing.  Bed time routine is still the same and was grweat now its a fight, dh is getting so frustrated that I never seem to get a break.  My mother came over today and suggested we swaddle hger with arms out and turn her mobile on and it worked she fell asleep, I only had to wind up the mobile twice;no crying or screaminng.  This afternoon after her 4pm feed We put her in the swing and she actually aslept for her catnap she has not done that in ages.  She is eating her bottle now with daddy, and we will see after bath and bedtime routine if mobile will work again.  I dont mind if the mobile becomes a prop.  I also am not watching the clock, well not that I did I am just going to put her down and wake her if she goes longer than 4 hours betwwen feeds.  She has gone mostly 3   - 3.5 all day and has taken full feeds.  Easy seemed to work in the begiing I was able to get her days and nights straight and it taught me how to read her cues, I just want to be able to not feel like such a drill sergent any more I want to feel like a mummy.  I hope this works.  she is already sleeping throught the night.  she is 10.5 weeks old, a premie which is advanced has hit all her milestones so far.  She rolls from tummy to side to back to side and has discovered her hands, onl;y thing she sdoes not do yet is smile she only smiles when tooting lol.  Soorry for the long post, I have just been so frustrated and I just had to vent.  Cheers
u rl=http://lilypie.com][/url]  []

Offline thitz

• Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
Re: Giving up on E.A.S.Y
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 17:50:13 pm »
Gosh, if it's working and your happy with it, I'd stick with your new methods :)  All moms/babies are different and go thru different phases.  I wouldn't get too worried about the mobile becoming a prop but I think I would be careful only to put it on at the start of nap and not for transitions.

And congratulatiosn on having a baby sleeping thru the night :) :)

Offline Elisabeth and Victorias mummy

• Showing Appreciation 39
  • My baby sister, cute!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 05:38:22 am »
 :(Boy was I wrong!!!! What a couple of days we have had.  Her routine is all over the place, she is not sleeping through the night and is now becoming a snacker, boy what a mistake.. I guess you learn from your first. W e went back to pedeatrician today and we think she is lactose intolerant like myself so we have just starteed her on nutramigen, she is alsp suffering from silent reflux, and is on baby zantac.  This would explain a lot of her fussiness and gas pains as well as the screaming in pain.  I am so upset, So many people were telling me while i was doing bw that i was doing everything wrong and that you have to let babies be babies, i feel like i am going to have a nervous breakdown.  Any how now know she needs a routine and it needs to be around the same times everyday or she just falls apart, I think she is use to the waking up and being fed at certain times because while she was in hospital for three weeks, due to being a prem, they had her on a three hour routine, where she was woken, breastfed, changed, cuddled and put back in incubator to sleep.  I would like to start our routine over again but I am worried it will take such a long time, how would zi be able to take her out for visits, church etc, when I need to swaddle her, will she get use to or be able to sleep in a pack and play when going out to grandma and grandpas or Auntie or Uncles home.  I just felt so isolated on bw because I thoiught that you cannot go any where, but I believe in bw and everything Tracy says.  I am confused but know she needs a routine.  Boy being a mum is much harder than everytone says. But I love my little girl and want to do the best for her.  I am just rambling on now so Ill just say thanks for listening
Cheers
u rl=http://lilypie.com][/url]  []

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 08:05:13 am »
Hi again, I am so glad to hear that you have got to the bottom of Elisas lack of appitite.  If you find that you still want to follow the EASY routine, then have a look at the post we had earlier.  I am sure since yu have been able to get her diagnosed successfully it will be a lot easier now.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=55853.msg393230#msg393230

Remember EASY is only a guideline, it is flexible enough for you to be able to tweak it to your requirements.

Good luck and shout if you want any other help or support.
Lauren
Lauren x