Author Topic: Bad days  (Read 1436 times)

Offline owelley

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 57
  • You took the fall and thought of me above all.
    • www.chordpower.com
Bad days
« on: March 25, 2006, 03:33:09 am »
What do you do when you get bad days??  We usually have these bad days after veering off the routine because of going out.  I dread these days but I just do my best to stick with the routine.
Blessed beyond measure.

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Bad days
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 04:11:56 am »
all i can say is go with the flow!! just try to have a fresh start the next day - that's what we do and generally works pretty well - always be aware of lo's cues and signs.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:13:24 am »
What I do is not go out every day and have at least 1 day in 3 that I aim to get DS back to sleeping in his own bed for naps, rather than car or pram. That works fine at the moment because of the weather, etc.
Lauren x

Offline owelley

• www.chordpower.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 20:45:36 pm »
I really try my best to be aware of my lo cues.  For the past week, she's been taking shorter morning and afternoon naps.  She seems ok afterwards but somettimes cries a bit.  I do try to extend those naps but like yesterday it took me an hour to do this and then she only had 30 min of nap time left.  Night's aren't bad.  I have adjusted our night to have 2 dreamfeeds that way she doesn't wake up hungry at 4am.  Is it ok for her to have 2 hour long naps and a 2 hr nap before bed?? She seemed pretty tired and I know the EASY routine is adjustable.
Blessed beyond measure.

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 21:46:51 pm »
What is the length of her naps?  One thing you can do is limit the morning nap to 1.5 hrs in hopes that the second nap will be longer?  Is she still taking a catnap?  2 naps of 2 hrs or so is a good target.  Or you might have 1.5 hrs, 2.25 hrs, and 45 mins, or some other combination.
It's okay to have a nap before bed as long as she has enough A time to become tired again (not overtired though).  As for the nightwakings, try to get as many good feedings in the day as you can so that she won't be waking at night.  Hopefully, she'll go from the df to about 6-7 am.
You are doing the right thing to make adjustments based on her needs.  All we can do is offer suggestions, but in the end, you know her best and know what is right for you and her.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline owelley

• www.chordpower.com
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 21:55:03 pm »
Thanks!!
Blessed beyond measure.