Author Topic: Super dumb question re: frozen bagels  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
« on: March 27, 2006, 19:23:28 pm »
Hey guys,

So we're just getting into finger foods over here and I'm unsure about using frozen bagels for a couple of reasons...first, don't all bagels contain wheat and I thought we're supposed to not introduce wheat until later...second, isn't a whole frozen bagel a bit of a waste (and expense) to give a baby??  I feel dumb here but are you supposed to cut them into quarters or something because I just can't see going through a whole bagel every time my babies want some practice picking up food or chewing on something!

Thanks

Sarah :-[
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline mom2william

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Super dumb question re: frozen bagels
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 20:55:27 pm »
Hey Sarah,

I did do the frozen bagel with my DS and it worked well.  I would just separate the frozen bagel with a knife and then break it in half.  I also bought the mini bagels which equals a lot less waste!  Your lo can just gnaw on it but they become unfrozen quickly in my experience so keep an eye on it.  As for the wheat allergy, you can introduce wheat before 1 year but I forget what month they suggest.  The book I have that has a lot of that info is in the nursery where DS is napping!   :)  Hope that helps!

Suzanne

William born 3/23/05
Bennett born 3/3/08