Author Topic: I have no idea why baby is waking...HELP!!  (Read 1053 times)

Offline luann53051

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I have no idea why baby is waking...HELP!!
« on: March 27, 2006, 22:08:02 pm »
Hi there.

My 10 week old daughter still wakes two to three times at night.  She goes down awake, and goes to sleep on her own, usually within 10 min.  Bedtime is around 8pm.  Then, she will wake at around 1 or 2am, and I will feed her.  She will take a full feed.  Then, she will fuss again at around 3am, 4am, 5:30am, etc.   I don't feed her, but what do I do when she wakes at these times? 

Thanks!
Luann

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: I have no idea why baby is waking...HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 03:24:28 am »
i feel like it has been a lifetime since my dd was that small. but i do remember lots o night feedings at that time!  if she is waking at 4 after being fed at 2, i would try shh/pat and see if she will go back to sleep. if she does but wakes within an hr or so i would definately say feed at that point b/c lo is probably hungry. if anyone else would like to chime in i am sure other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as this is all i can think of right now.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Jo-FrasersMum

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 05:55:28 am »
Hi there

I agree with Tawnya - your LO is still very young and it is very common to have a couple of night feeds for babies that age.  I think Tawnya advice is great, see if you can resettle, feed if you need to and if your LO wakes again soonafter you can be sure it is hunger.

Keep on ensuring that your LO is falling asleep independently at the beginning of the night and you should have relatively smooth sailing.  Good luck!
Jo

Offline ashmarnie

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 08:08:40 am »
Hello...I agree as well. If she is fussing that much she prob is hungry. If that doesn't work then you could try PU/PD method...good luck!!!

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 15:16:58 pm »
according to tracy, pu/pd wouldn't be suitable until a lo is approx 4 months (sometimes longer) as it is too stimulating for a lo that age. i know i had to wait until over 5 months to be able to successfully achieve pu/pd (she is very spirited) but the shh/pat should work well. if lo seems stimulated by something she is seeing, i used to shield my lo's eyes so she couldn't see it and it almost always worked like a charm...til she was old enough to grab my hand away  ;)
good luck
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline luann53051

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 15:54:42 pm »
 :) :)

Thank you for your responses everyone.  I was beginning to think I was crazy, since it seems that everyone's babies are sleeping better than mine.  But, if she needs to eat, then she needs to eat.  I can live with that.

Hugs,
Luann

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 19:46:31 pm »
Luann
As everyone else has commented my lo was still having a feed at 10.00pm, 2am, 5am when she was 10 weeks old. It seemed at the time everyone i spoke to had babies who slept through the night..... In fact i think a few white lies had been told. The 5.00am feed got later and later till finally she was going till 6.30am..... At 41/2 months she started sleeping through from 10pm till the morning.
Amelie Grace's mum