Author Topic: Sleeping todler in parents bed!  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: Sleeping todler in parents bed!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 16:47:49 pm »
Hey that's such great news. I'm sure too that you're on the right track! Keep up the good work, be ready for possible setbacks (knock on wood for them not to show) and remember this might take up to 3 weeks. You'll know when is time to start moving your matress away from her bed. Wishing you long and rested nights! :-*

P.S. what a lovely and beautiful girl you have! she looks like a Rafaello's angel!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 17:35:54 pm »
that's great news . you will get there , stay consistent. you will soon be posting with night time success .keep us posted
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Gavira

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 13:17:20 pm »
Ok, I'll try the mattress and see how it goes! I'll keep you posted. Thank you

Is this working?  ::)
I finally found you  ;D ;D
The web is world wide  :o  :P

Offline Khyan & Sahria's mum

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 13:28:11 pm »
Yes I am interested too to find out how you are going ?

When you have a second we would love an update  :)
Michaela
Khyan & Sahria's Mummy

Offline Lunasmum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Chelito - Lunasmum
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 15:06:43 pm »
 :)Hi everyone!
Firstly I apologize for not answering earlier!! I've been waiting to give you a 100% positive answer on the mattress method. But the truth is I've been cheating!!   ::)and the mattress is still in Luna's room!!! :: :o
The story so far:
I had ordered a big bed for Luna that supposedly was going to arrive at the end of March but still has not happened, so the plan was to take out the mattress then!In the meantime I still stay with her until she goes to sleep, the problem is I'm sooooooooo tired that I end up sleeping there too! Only that most nights when I wake up I go to my bed and Luna stays in her cot until morning. I also have to say that this is not the case every night as she still sometimes wakes up when falling or nightmare and she comes to our bed! ::)However it is much much better than when I started this post! ;D
The bid dilemma I'm facing now is what do I do when the big bed finally comes! :o Do I remove the mattress completely (in fact i won't have much room) do I put a chair instead? Do I still stay until she sleeps and then leave? ???
I've just finished reading BW for toddlers and one of the stories tells you about the mattress method, where it explains in detail how it started but then just says "after a few months the parents finally return to their bed" but how was the last stage??
I hope this hasn't been too long, I'm sure this method works it just that I have been doing it wrong! ???
Any advise is happily accepted! :)