Author Topic: Outside activity + staying on EASY  (Read 910 times)

Offline The Vern

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Linnea Beatrice Christina - January 5, 2006
Outside activity + staying on EASY
« on: March 28, 2006, 18:27:58 pm »
I've just signed up my 12 week lo for Kindermusik and Baby /Mommy fitness, so two days per week that we'll be out. As one class falls right at the time of her feed and the other during her nap, I'm wondering how to work around the EASY routine, which is now 4 hours. We start classes in three weeks. Any ideas how others have managed?

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Outside activity + staying on EASY
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 18:58:36 pm »
Good for you for getting out of the house!  Katie has frequently had activities that go through her naptime or meal times and we just do our best to work around it.  If an activity falls during naptime, I'll put her down for her nap a little earlier so she at least gets a short nap and is somewhat rested for the activity.  Then she may be ready to go down for her next nap a little earier and it might be a longer one than it might have been usually.  As for the feeding, I think it depends on how long you'd be pushing her to go without eating.  If it's a short amount of time I'd wait until after the activity and then feed her, if it's longer I'd just feed her earlier and work around it for the rest of the day.  I think you'll find after a few weeks of experimenting, you'll find what works best for you and DD.