Author Topic: Night Bottle Dwindling...  (Read 925 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Night Bottle Dwindling...
« on: March 29, 2006, 11:23:09 am »
For about a week now (since DD got sick with a bad virus/cold) her bedtime bottle has dwindled down to where she'll only take 3-4 ounces (last night 3.5). It's like she's too tired and only will eat enough to just satisfy her hunger and then wants to only sleep. Problem is, she is waking earlier and now the cold/virus is gone (minus some lingering congestion).

She is having solids but still not much as we had a very slow start with them. No grains yet - we will be re-trying oatmeal soon, so that should help as I can make it with formula. Right now she has about 3 ounces fruit in the morning and same amount veggie in the evening.

Any thoughts on how to up her bedtime bottle amount? Would really like 5 ounces or more in that one... We already use a fast nipple - any faster she'd sputter...

Many thanks!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Night Bottle Dwindling...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 17:14:23 pm »
Karen

If you give her a bath at night, it maybe worth trying a bit before and the rest after for a while until she gets her appitite back.

I do;

E1630
A
E1900
A bath, etc
E 1940 rest of bottle
S in cot awake or sleeping for 8pm, I can get 10oz in no porblem this way, the bath gives him a second wind and a rest in between the bottle.
Lauren x

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Night Bottle Dwindling...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 18:30:55 pm »
Hi Lauren. We had to move bath to the morning - it was too stimulating for her at night so we are trying this for now. But even before she wasn't doing so well with it split... She eats quite well the first half of the day but her formula intake seriously goes down after her second nap...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01