Author Topic: Changing from 3-4 hour EASY  (Read 1232 times)

Offline becky1969

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 230
  • my favorite thing
Changing from 3-4 hour EASY
« on: March 29, 2006, 19:06:53 pm »
My LO is 13 weeks old today. Based on the input from various people here, I realized we probably need to transition from 3 hour EASY, and I've decided to move to a 3.5 hour EASY. I've finally found a schedule that seems to work pretty well for us in terms of the E and going to bed. However our naps have pretty much gone wacky! He used to be a great napper, but now after the 45 minute mark, instead of going back to sleep after a shush/pat, he'll go back to sleep for 5/10 minutes but then wake up again and need to be shush/pat etc. for the rest of the nap period.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this during the transition from 3-4 hour EASY, and what the solution was. Is this temporary as he adjusts to the change? I know that I had to lengthen A to get him to go down for naps easier, so do I need to lengthen A some more to get him to nap better? (we are now awake 1.5 hours total, except for first awake period which is ususally 1 hr 45).

Just wanting to hear other people's experience with this transitonal period! I know he's going thru lots of changes as he goes from 3-4 months old - he just started sleeping thru the night, which is FABULOUS! I love that! But I would love to figure out how to get the naps back! I feel like my days are all messed up.
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Enjoying the toddler years!

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Changing from 3-4 hour EASY
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 19:30:39 pm »
When we made the change our sleep routine went out the window a bit because of the chnage in E time. Ours sorted itself out.
Lauren x

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 01:19:48 am »
Becky, I suppose the best thing to do (other than seek advice from the Naps board) is to continue to tweak his A times until you find what works for him.  It is an extremely confusing time period that he's going through, lots of changes.  Just make your changes very gradually and give him time to adjust before changing things again.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline mom2liam

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 01:11:56 am »
Hi Becky

I too have just changed my LO from 3 hour to 3.5 hour schedule...After reading your post and the replies you received I looked over my schedules from before I made the change and he was sleeping through the night and napping a little longer than 45mins, more often than he does now.....it all changed when I changed him to 3.5 hours!!!  Strangely enough I had never made the connection and with the day light savings on top of this, where in a right old mess...

I wondered if any of the moderators could let me know, If I continue the 3.5 hour schedule (I have been doing this for 2 days) will his naps and night wakings fall into place like before? When do you think I could progress to the 4 hour routine?

Thanks
Mom2Liam

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 06:24:00 am »
Wendy is Liam hungry every 3.5 hours or do you feel he can stretch to the more?  If he is expierenceing n/wakings it could be it is time to change to 4.
Lauren x