Author Topic: Talking himself to sleep?  (Read 666 times)

Offline threefold_cord

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 29, 2006, 19:59:53 pm »
Hello my son is about 5 1/2 months old. He is a pretty good sleeper for the most part. Lately at night and also during some naps our lo seems to be falling asleep, but he may have his eyes open or closed and is babbling. So I place him in the crib and he is still talking to himself, but most of the time he will "call" for me right before he falls asleep and then I'll either roll him on his side or pick him up and then place him back down before he goes to sleep. I feel that soon my lo will be able to be placed in the crib, play a bit and then drift off to sleep on his own w/o the Pat-shhh. However I don't want to fall into acidental parenting and prevent that from happening. Amy advice on making the transition? Does anyone have any stratagies that worked? Thanks

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Talking himself to sleep?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 21:44:47 pm »
it sounds like your lo is doing great!!  when he 'calls for mama' just be sure that you aren't going in too early...i fell into that trap and little did i know my lo was just trying to fall asleep on her own...i would leave her a minute or two longer each day and almost always by the time i got to the door i would listen and she wouldn't be crying anymore.  good luck!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005