Author Topic: 13 mo gave us one full night.....  (Read 779 times)

Offline xyandz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 29, 2006, 20:01:38 pm »
Okay, Monday night my DS went to bed @ 8:30p, like normal, and slept straight through until 7:00a.  Then Tuesday night (last night) he was awake by 5:00a.  I tried the p/u p/d......no luck.  He kicks, cries (stops once I p/u) then he starts motioning for the door(to go get his milk)  how can he sleep all night one night and then not the next?? I am confused and tired, of course.  His routine is the same every day.  Is this a stage?? When do you think he will be consistent??

xyandz

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: 13 mo gave us one full night.....
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 20:42:46 pm »
 ::) oh if we could answer that question... once you've sleep trained, the teething monster breaks your night, then it's potty training, then it's nightmares, and it goes on and on till they're teens and want to hang out with friends... i guess we'll sleep through again when they're off to college!...

sorry, don't mean to put you down. I found 13 months to be a particular tough time in sleeping. Ds was a great sleeper once he was trained (i had horrible times with naps) and we enjoyed the bliss from 6 months till he was 13 months old. We then started having problems with night wakings and very early mornings and it took me long to realize it was teething pain, until i ended up at Er one evening because he was screaming bloody murder and the er ped told me he was getting ALL his molars at once. Poor thing. Signs were confusing, he didn't seem to be in pain at nights and on early mornings he seemed ready to start the day.

Why don't you try some pain aid and relaxed and LOOOng night routine for a start and see if that does the trick for you? I discovered i had to use the pain aid on a dialy basis as a prevention because if i waited till he woke at night, then it would be useless.

HTH, hang in there!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake