Author Topic: How to cut a bottle?  (Read 1143 times)

Offline fujbeck

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to cut a bottle?
« on: March 29, 2006, 23:13:36 pm »
Jadon is taking 4 bottles a day right now and I'm thinking at his age (10 months) he should probably be going down to 3. Problem is, I don't know how to do it. He really prefers formula over solids. I think it is his 11 am bottle that should drop first, right? Right now he has bottles at 7 am (8 oz), 11 am (6-7 oz), 3:30 pm (7-8 oz) and 7 pm (8 oz), and his solids meals at 8:15 am, 1 pm and 5 pm. Should I just substitute the 11 am bottle with a snack? Or slowly decrease it? Any advice is appreciated!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 23:16:42 pm by fujbeck »
Joy

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: How to cut a bottle?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 04:32:29 am »
My DD dropped to 3 bottles at months  :o
Anyway this is our feeding schedule even though we are looking at moving breaky before bottle in the morning very soon and when that happens move all meals/bottles forward 15mins.

7.30am - Bottle 8ozs
8.15am - Breaky/rest of milk in a cup if not finished bottle
12.15pm - Lunch with 2ozs in a cup
1.15pm - Bottle 5ozs
4pm - Snack with water in a cup
5.15pm - Dinner with water in a cup
6.30/45pm - Bottle 8ozs

So what you could do is give a snack at 11am instead of the bottle and move the 3.30pm bottle forward a bit perhaps before PM nap. Or even give some milk in a cup with lunch?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline kyliehutch

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 13:07:39 pm »
Hi Natahsa.

Firstly - I have changed my email address from kahutchings@iprimus.com.au to kahutchings@westnet.com.au - are you able to add me to your MSN Messenger again? 

I have a question in regards to how you dropped from 4 bottles to 3 bottles - in your post ( a reply to someone else) you said that your DD dropped to 3 bottles at months - you didn't type in how many months Catherine was.  How old was she when you did this?  Copy of your post below.

[i]My DD dropped to 3 bottles at months 
Anyway this is our feeding schedule even though we are looking at moving breaky before bottle in the morning very soon and when that happens move all meals/bottles forward 15mins.

7.30am - Bottle 8ozs
8.15am - Breaky/rest of milk in a cup if not finished bottle
12.15pm - Lunch with 2ozs in a cup
1.15pm - Bottle 5ozs
4pm - Snack with water in a cup
5.15pm - Dinner with water in a cup
6.30/45pm - Bottle 8ozs[/i]

My little girl (I assume this is DD? for Darling Daughter? I am yet to catch up on all the jargin used) is 7 months old in a week, and she is fussing with her 11am bottle and also her 3pm bottle - she also is fussing about having to have a catnap. 

Her routine is currently looking like this

6.30  Wakes
7am - Bottle - mostly 200ml
8am - Breakfast - Cereal and fruit and milk if left over from bottle
9am - to bed - 1 to 2 hours
11am bottle - very fussy - sometimes only 30 mls - sometimes Nil (like today)
12 noon - Lunch - Pumpkin and Cereal and milk mixed in (not sure how much - just enough to mix with cereal and pumpkin - about 1/2 jar pumpkin (or 2 smallish ice cubes) of pumpkin and 2 tablespoons of rice cereal
1pm - to bed - 1 - 2 hours
3pm - Bottle - depends on if she had any at 11am - but most would be 100mls
5pm - bed - cat nap - is starting to not want this - if she does its only about 30 minutes
6pm - Dinner - Same as lunch plus some fruit salad stuff
6.30 Bath
7.00 Bed

What would my routine look like to drop to 3 bottles and if I cut out the catnap? And at what age would I give her her solids first then her bottle?  At the moment I am giving her her breakfast bottle first then about an hour latter her cereal. 

In your routine as above where does Catherines sleeps fit in?

I just cant work it out ow to do it and have only 3 bottle and still get her to have her 2 sleeps (or maybe 2 plus nap if needed) without breaking her 4 hour easy.  Or at the age she is now, I do break the 4 hour easy?  Is there a EASY for 7 motnhs and beyond?

Cheers

Kylie
Is she to early to drop a bottle and her catnap?
Mum to 2 beautiful daughters Georgina 6.11.03 and Caitlin 29.9.05

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 00:05:29 am »
Hi Kylie,

Ok at 5months Catherine dropped her cat nap and her 4th bottle then not long after that we introduced meal no.3 it was a busy time. Anyway her routine is just changing again  ::) so i will give you her routine before the changes which i think will fit in well with your routine. When bottle number 4 is dropped it is no longer a 4hr EASY. Also i have just switched around Catherine's morning bottle and breakfast, if you think your DD is happy doing it this way and will still have her bottle afterwards then give it a try.
Ok this is how you could have your day:

6.30  Wakes
7am - Bottle - mostly 200ml
8am - Breakfast - Cereal and fruit and milk if left over from bottle
9.30am - to bed - 1 to 2 hours
12 noon - Lunch - Pumpkin and Cereal and milk mixed in (not sure how much - just enough to mix with cereal and pumpkin - about 1/2 jar pumpkin (or 2 smallish ice cubes) of pumpkin and 2 tablespoons of rice cereal
1pm - bottle 200mls
1.30/2pm - to bed - 1 to 2 hours
5.30pm - Dinner - Same as lunch plus some fruit salad stuff
6.30 Bath/Bottle 200mls
7.00 Bed

To extend awake time do it slowly in 15min lots over a few days or a week depending on what she can handle then extend again for another 15mins. You may need to spend that 15mins you are extending with her keeping her occupied if you find she starts to get grumpy.
Hope this is enough information and is useful. Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions  ;)

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07