Author Topic: Why I am so happy to be breastfeeding!  (Read 232361 times)

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 494
Re: Why I am so happy to be breastfeeding!
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2010, 01:26:20 am »
LOL! Love it!  Good for you.  Well done.  Lots of hugs too.

xx

Offline LifeGiver

• Mariana, mother of E. (5) M. (3) and A. (14mo)
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • My 3 princesses
    • My family blog
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2011, 18:23:10 pm »
7: Because it's something only I can do for her!

that's why I wanted to (despite all the benefits blablabla...)
It was my joy when she was younger, but as another mom said it sees all is against us! :/

I like breastfeeding because it's God's designed way for us moms to feed our LOs.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 22:50:38 pm by LifeGiver »
All the Glory to Jesus, King of kings and Lord of lords!

Big girl with multiple food allergies: nuts, peanuts, eggs, fish, coconut and wheat.
Facing school life, one day at a time!

Offline osutuffy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2011, 18:17:52 pm »
I never thought I would breastfeed. I don't know anyone in my family that has and never thought I would be the first. After reading about all the positives, I decided I would BF as long as I could up to 6 months. I never expected to last more than 8 weeks, TBO. It sounded complicated and like a lot of work. From the first time I fed her, I fell in love with BF and I may go longer than planned. I still take it day by day, but I do love to feed her. Here is my list:

It's mommy time with her.
I get to stare at her while she eats and look at all her little features.
It comforts her more than a bottle does, when she is upset nothing can calm her like nursing can.
Motherhood is scary, and I have had some fears about whether I had the skills to be a mother, BF has given me the confidence. I don't know what it is about BF, but I feel like if I can do something so important like make food for her from my body, then I will be able to give her advice about boys, bullies, school, etc.

Offline my3girlsjde

• Sometimes a superpower is simply surviving the chaos.....
  • Showing Appreciation 115
  • Reflux, sleep apnea and food allergies
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2011, 18:26:10 pm »
NOW I'm so happy because she's HUGE!!!! She really has done better on breastmilk and I'm the only one that can give it to her.

Motherhood is scary, and I have had some fears about whether I had the skills to be a mother, BF has given me the confidence.
I totally agree :D
Vicki - nursing student and proud mother to three refluxers in two years

Remembering my sleeping angels: 17 Jan 06, 30 Jul 09

Offline slawler

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2011, 18:00:43 pm »
I love breastfeeding my dd and this was quite a suprise to me. I was so worried about it before hand and was scared that it would feel wierd. Yet, instead of being wierd, I actually found it feels the most natural thing in the world and is such a special time for me and my girl. She is just getting to the age where she understands on sight that milk is coming and she gets all excited with her gorgeous smiles and noises. It was hard for the first few weeks as she was a little and we struggled with the latch, but once achieved it has proved one of the most amazing things. I feel so lucky to be able to give her extra immunity from things and that I am giving her the best start I possibly can. :)
What a great thread! ;D

Offline crlynch

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2011, 02:19:35 am »
I am grateful to be breastfeeding because there are so many women that want to and they are not able to (medically or otherwise).
I love the quiet time when its just DS and myself and we just relax.
I love looking at his face and noticing every wrinkle and crease.
I am just happy to be able to do this.

Offline Mummyluv

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2011, 11:42:37 am »
I bf dd for 15 months and ds for just over 12 months. I got real sick and had to stop due to medication I had to take. But I was thinking about it this morning and thought I'd pop in and read some threads on the subject. It really is such a wonderful, precious thing; the way they stare up at you with such love and yes, reach up for you to kiss their hands. It been 5 years since I stooped bring dd but I can still see those dark black eyes staring up at me as she gives me a huge loving smile. Enjoy every minute of it lady's!

@Marie- I had a terrible time bring dd in the beginning. I actually used to bite dh's finger as she latched on. A friend suggested to get a lactation consultant into the house to help. Much different than at the hospital. She spent 1.5 hours and I never had a problem after that. Best thing it was covered by insurance!  Just thought I'd share. Good luck xx
Debra
Mom to Keeva and Dillon

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2011, 17:22:11 pm »
This thread is always popping up in my 'unread' list but it must be years since I actually posted on it - I don't know if it was when DS1 (5.5 years!) or DS2 (almost 4!) was a baby even.  I've now spent 4.5 years of my life breastfeeding and I don't resent a moment of it.  DS3 is 18 months old and only has 1 or 2 feeds a day - but always at bedtime and I love it because he doesn't stop for a moment during the day and is so big and independent and clever but we always have that wonderful cuddle before bed when he's still my baby.  Oh - and I don't have to wash any bottles up, yay!

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline Mom-o

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2011, 21:28:31 pm »
DD is 7months old and we have had a time of it.
She has reflux- its best to breastfeed
She had constipation- its best to breastfeed
She has now been diagnosed with milk protein intolerance and guess what? IT'S BEST TO BREASTFEED!!!

My instinct to feed my dd has been the best I've ever followed. I love to hold my baby close and feed her, To see her satisfied, to see her grow and to see she has not suffered because I chose to feed her. Some days were very tough and DH just said "Do it one more day" and I did and now we are 7 months in and planning to go to a year.

Offline alannon

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2011, 20:33:27 pm »
Helena is my 3rd child and I BF all of them, with my first two children I only Bf for a few months, restriction sof work, blah blah blah.  Now I have a decent job and have been able to take 9 months maternity leave.

I love feeding my LO, the look you get when you tell her its milk time, the excited wiggles and murmerings you get when she gets your breast in her mouth and she gets the first mouthful of milk.

The satisfied sigh when she has had enough and her tummy is full.

I say that if you can BF give it a go, a survey recently said that only 2% of mums in the UK BF, we are behind most European countries in the polls.  The instant convenience of being able to feed anywhere and immediately without having to mix formula and sterilise bottles.  The more mums that are seen to be feeding in public will encourage the younger generation to BF their LO's. 

BF is best!

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2011, 23:57:38 pm »
How nice to see this in my 'new replies' box again! I am nursing our second LO now, and once again I am SO happy to be BFing. I love how she face-dabs me when she is hungry, like she is kissing me. I love the little hopeful sounds she makes and how she has her mouth open like a little bird. I really love those little satisfied sighs and murmers she makes once her initial hunger is fulfilled. Ahh... so nice!
Amy

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2011, 19:34:34 pm »
brought a tear to my eye and a burn to my ovaries, Amy xxx

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2011, 19:50:14 pm »
 :-* :)
Amy

Offline my3girlsjde

• Sometimes a superpower is simply surviving the chaos.....
  • Showing Appreciation 115
  • Reflux, sleep apnea and food allergies
« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2011, 00:57:23 am »
I love how she face-dabs me when she is hungry, like she is kissing me.
Oh how I had forgotten this! :'( I want to have another baby to breastfeed again lol
Vicki - nursing student and proud mother to three refluxers in two years

Remembering my sleeping angels: 17 Jan 06, 30 Jul 09

Offline mamaJulie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2011, 01:14:38 am »
This brings tears to my eyes and I am still breastfeeding! It's just kind of sad how they grow up so quickly. I love this baby stage so much! And I'm so sleep deprived and yet so happy. She has funny nursing manners now that my older DD never did. When I nurse her in bed she likes to stop, crawl around, then crawl back towards me where I am lying sideways and nurse while lying on her belly... or sitting up, or half-standing.:)