Author Topic: Why I am so happy to be breastfeeding!  (Read 232367 times)

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
Re: Why I am so happy to be breastfeeding!
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2006, 18:42:38 pm »
I secretly like it too that no one else is able to feed LO. ::) Though now am trying to teach him to take botle, so DH can feed him too.
~Efka~

Offline jacksmummy26

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2006, 08:44:57 am »
Awww i have to write on this too - i went all teary eyed reading this (wish i found it during those hard times) i love it because:

Its something only mummy can do (also perfect when baby was newborn and i didnt want someone holding him i would just say whoops i think he needs a feed and grab him back all to myself naughty i know!).

It makes those moments when you know bf is going to end soon sooooo much more special.

It keeps me watching my little baby and notice each and everything his little face does.

It is something to look back on when he is older and not sitting down for two seconds!

I love the fact that only i can do it and only i can give him that special something that keeps baby happy no matter what (sorry daddy but i do!)!

I love playing with his little hands when he reaches up to pull my lip or touch my nose.

I love looking into his beautiful blue eyes and wonder what he is thinking!

I love having to make the time and sit with him rather than just proping a bottle in his mouth which im sure i would have done if i ff and i was busy.

i love making him smile when his feeding and can see him trying to do both at the same time!!

im sooo going to bf again in the future was umming and arring about it but this thread has reminded me whats its all about so thank you x

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 20:45:07 pm »
i love the closeness that i have with my dd that noonelse can ever imitate
i love her satisfaction
i love her concentration when drinking
i love just watching and taking in my beautiful dd
i love breastfeeding and so does my dd

Offline Jodi and her boys

• California Mom of a California Dude!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • My Blondey
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2006, 22:49:49 pm »
-I love what my lo does with his eyes when the letdown happens (rolls them back, like saying,  Ohhh this is sooo good!)
-I love how he nuzzles his head in my chest when he wants to nurse
-I love how he plays with his feet when eating
-I love the first feed in the morning, so quiet and peaceful for us both

Great thread!

Offline leahonline

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Our sweet Daisy Grace
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2006, 01:34:51 am »
I love how her eyelids get so heavy as she relaxes
I love how she stares into my eyes and it's just the two of us for a few minutes
I love how her tiny body feels pressed against my chest
Yes, you're right about when the baby tries to smile while sucking--that makes me grin every time.   ;D
And I'm bad too--I LOVE that no one else can feed her like I do!  She'll take a bottle sometimes, but never with the obvious satisfaction she gets while nursing. 

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2006, 17:26:10 pm »
Because it hurts my heart so much, now that we've stopped.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline jules_is_cute

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • And the Ma-ma bear says...
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2006, 02:27:50 am »
I have to add something else...now when Jules nurses she takes a little handful of my boob and kneads it almost like a kitten, it's so adorable...and now she signals that she's ready to switch sides by popping off and on and going Mam-mom-mum-ma-ma-muh-ma and then sucking a bit more and then popping off and repeating a long slew of mom types sounds...she's too young to be saying "ma-ma" with any meaning, but I can pretend.   :D

~Patty

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2006, 01:34:41 am »
Hello amazing ladies!

Just thought I would drop on by and say: We are still happily breast feeding at almost a year!

Nello is having his bday next week and I am feeling very nostalgic for my pregnancy, birth and early newborn baby days.....BUT.... I still have my little bf'er, thankfully! Thought you all would understand.  I hope?  :-[

We have had such an amazing year with him and breastfeeding has been a real pleasure. I would never have imagined in a million years the impact BF'ing would make on all of our lives...incredible.

Guess I'll keep BF'ing until somebody (DS) or something (boobs give in?!) tells me to stop. DH is also very supportive and thinks we have the healthiest and strongest baby in the world. I overheard him telling one of his mates that our LO is so strong and has never been sick because my wife ate so much spinach when she was pregnant (crazy craving to have, I'd say) and because of BF'ing.  It was sweet but I was also giggling a bit.  ;)

I also would love to help anybody out with advice and will answer where I can on this board as I hope everyone has a positive experience as we have.

Some experiences we went through so far this past year:

*We made it through BF'ing with 8 teeth at 8 months old, starting with the first one at only 4 months old!

*We made it through months 4-6 of DS not wanting a bottle.  That was a bit tough, but it wasn't the end of the world as I am a SAHM.  Now he takes a sippy, bottle, doidy cup, waterbottle, my tea mug, you name it! LOL!

*We made it through months 7-9 with DS wanting to explore the world instead of sitting nicely in Mum's arms BF'ing and me wanting to give it up as I thought he was losing interest...but we perservered and once he was walking at 10.5 months he went back to nursing so much better.  Although, he only likes it laying down on a bed in his room in quiet, but that is ok with me....it is our special quiet time.

*At 9 months, I went away for 3 days and pumped (not a fan of pumping, but did it!) and when I returned, he fed no trouble like I was never gone, thankfully.

*We went T.O. to U.K. at 6 months and can't even imagine what I would of done withought BF'ing on the plane and travelling around, it was a life saver.

*Other than the good old teething running nose, have never had a sick LO all year.

*I actually have missed (probably sounds crazy to many) those 3am feedings half asleep, just the 2 of us. (sigh)

*Probably lots more, but will stop now.

Hope you enjoyed my story,

Aisling and Nello xx

Offline ladyboggess

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Definately spirited!!!
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2006, 03:08:11 am »
I am proud to be bf b/c of  all the wonderful reasons above (of course) that are great for my DS, but also b/c at 8 wks of age, I WEIGHED LESS  THAN I DID  BEFORE I WAS  PREGNANT!!!  Now  I  am at a healthier weight (135 lbs) than I have been in the past few years (Pre-med in college lacks the time to eat OR exercise)  and  MY THIGHS DON'T TOUCH ANYMORE!!!! ;)
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline waffler

• Showing Appreciation 10
  • Mummy get Nemo off me!
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2006, 04:27:31 am »
I find when i b/f now I just watch her the whole time. Her eyebrows move up and down, so expressive. I wonder what's going on in that mind.

When i lay her on my lap and reach to lift my tshirt, her mouth opens wide and she tries to lunge for me.

I love how she's sitting quietly on someone's lap, then when she sees me she gets SO excited - i'm sure it's b/c i'm her food source ;)

Initially i was going to stop at one year , i thought feeding past that was "weird" but i've oh so changed my mind! I want to feed for as long as she does (however i do hope she'll want to stop by the time she's dating LOL)

My DH loves watching me b/f. In the morning he peeps into the nursery, and he says he takes a mental picture of his two fave girls and keeps it with him while he's at work.

Oh, and i love, how if she's been crying cos she cant sleep, and i used to b/f her to sleep, she'd make all these really happy appreciative noises almost like "mm-hmm" and it SO soooooooothes her. I know its a prop, and we've gotten rid of it now, but i secretly loved feeding her to sleep, it was just me and her...

Dad/Husband : Matt
Mum/Wife : (Ali)
Daugher : Mira (28th March 2006)
Daughter : Lara (31 July 2009)

Offline newmommy21

• Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2006, 04:45:14 am »
Wonderful thread! I too love breastfeeding because of every single reason all you ladies have listed. Every single one of them!!

In my religion, breastfeeding for two years is required and we believe that on the second birthday of your breastfeeding baby, an angel sends down glad tidings and blessings to you and your lo. Just thought you guys would like that bit of info, keep up the good work ladies!
Nadiya

Offline Jodi and her boys

• California Mom of a California Dude!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • My Blondey
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2006, 21:21:53 pm »
Newmommy21--what religion is that?  Just curious.  Maybe I should join as I can't seem to think of parting with bfing at 12 months!

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2006, 02:47:33 am »
Oh, and i love, how if she's been crying cos she cant sleep, and i used to b/f her to sleep, she'd make all these really happy appreciative noises almost like "mm-hmm" and it SO soooooooothes her. I know its a prop, and we've gotten rid of it now, but i secretly loved feeding her to sleep, it was just me and her...

still sometimes do a "night" feed at about 5am, just to persude DS that it's really not quite time to be awake yet. the way you summed it up really tickled me :D i know exactly how you feel. daytime feeds just aren't quite the same, are they!

Offline newmommy21

• Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2006, 04:55:02 am »
Newmommy21--what religion is that?  Just curious.  Maybe I should join as I can't seem to think of parting with bfing at 12 months!

haha...its Islam...and it has always been my motivation during the difficult times in the beginning.
Nadiya

Offline yorkshire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2006, 21:19:55 pm »
I love it too.  It is the most special time in the world. 

All I worry about is that I won't want to give it up when it is time that I should.