Author Topic: ? Growth Spurt  (Read 962 times)

Offline melbrad

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 31, 2006, 13:13:28 pm »
I think my dd is in a growth spurt (she is 12 weeks old).  After her 10;00DF, she woke at 1200 to feed.  Usually I can pacify w/ paci but she latched on and fed.  She only fed for about 5 min on each side but was sucking quite hard.  Shen then woke at 200 to feed again and then 630.  Does this sound like a growth spurt?  Also, for BF babies at this age, how many ounces should they take.  I think the BW book says 6-8, she has never taken more than 4

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: ? Growth Spurt
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 17:52:01 pm »
it may very well be a growth spurt and my lo used to only take 3 oz usually when she was that age - 4 oz was a great feeding. even by 6 months she was still taking these amounts during the day but getting more and more at night (what a nightmare it was!) i think your lo has started taking bigger feeds or getting the extra calories at night. you can try putting feeds off a bit (as u said you have) or reduce the time he feeds a min or two every 3 or 4 nights so he will naturally take more during the day. but definately feed for a lo that age as they do need the calories -no matter what time it may come at  :-\
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005