Author Topic: 6 month old only drinking 12oz in day.... Help!!!  (Read 4029 times)

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
6 month old only drinking 12oz in day.... Help!!!
« on: March 31, 2006, 13:23:33 pm »
 ??? Please help my LO is having three bottles a day and recently has started only taking 100ml/4oz per feed, now i know the recommended daily intake for a baby of her age is 500ml.....

she will eat yoghurt till it is coming out of her ears and also likes homemade custard ( made with full fat milk) but how can i get more into her and will it damage her if she doesnt have the recommedned amount???
Amelie Grace's mum

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: 6 month old only drinking 12oz in day.... Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 17:46:44 pm »
Kezia

I am having this issue as well, this is what I have resorted to.

Making 3 x 6oz bottles and 1 x 10oz bottle (bedtime)

The 3 x 6oz bottles are his 0730/1200/1630 bottles, I expect him to drink all the milk in it whether it be bottle, in his solids or sippy.
First I give as much as I can in the bottle (sometimes only 3oz), if I give him pasta or rice I need to add more milk so some goes into that and the rest I offer him throughhis solids in a cup to wash down his meal.
Lauren x

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 18:08:21 pm »
calums mum, glad to know i am not alone. Amelie schedule goes like this.... so not sure how to add more in

6.45/7.00am - wake 4-5oz milk
8.30am - breakfast - normally a yoghurt as doesnt like cereal --- no chance of adding milk here

11.30am - lunch - solids - normally veggies and fruit - can add some milk here
1.00pm - milk - been lucky to get 2oz into her today

3.00pm - tea - solids - can add some milk here
6.00pm - bottle - 3-4 oz
6.10pm bed

she is refusing her DF and has been doing so for a week or so. She has a bit of a cold and has cut her first tooth so not sure whether this has had an impact( know it has on her sleep but thats a different story !!!)

I have tried to give milk in sippy cup, she will happily drink water out of it but not keen on milk
Amelie Grace's mum

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 18:49:25 pm »
Kezia is she maybe teeting (just read the bottom of your post), I have a feeling calum is at the moment. He just took a 10oz and it was very warm/hot and he guzzled it, he prefers it warmer at the moment  ???. It also helps to rub teething liquid on thier gums before putting the bottle in.

Have you also tried putting milk in a cup, Calum will sometime not accept a bottle but will gladly sip from a cup or the lid of the bottle (what's that all about) . It may take the pressure of her gums.

I only use Anbesol liquid, it is so much stronger than bongela. I have also tried the ashton & parson teething powers, but I thik they made him sick.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 19:33:09 pm by Calums_Mum »
Lauren x

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 19:18:19 pm »
teething is such a pain..... so glad calum has just taken 10oz..... I have tried milk in a cup but she will only take a few mouthfuls but not the 9oz i feel she should.Will look into the anbesol as at the moment using bonjela or calgel
Amelie Grace's mum

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 19:27:34 pm »
I have tried Anbesol on my own gums and it numbs them straight away. The liquid is also for babies, although I don't beleive it says on theoutter packaging only the inner leaflet. My HV told me that LO just swallow bongela before it can become effective.

Good luck
Lauren x