Author Topic: Need a fresh look at this  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
Need a fresh look at this
« on: April 01, 2006, 16:31:13 pm »
OK, Cate is 10.5 months, just started walking, and takes a paci at night and for naps. She had a cold...is getting over it.

6:30 wake/BF
7:30 breakfast
9:30-10 nap (1-2 hours)
noon BF/Lunch
1:30 or 2 nap(1-2 hours)
3:300 BF/snack
5:30 dinner/play/bedtime routine (same every day)
7-7:30 in bed (usually falls asleep fine but I need to stay in there)

SHE EATS TONS, and I am about to start weaning her to whole milk, one feeding every 2-3 weeks. MD said it's OK, I give hr a vitamin supplement.

She is getting more teeth, I give her Tylenol at night, but it has never truly prolonged her sleep.

When she wakes at night I wait a minute or two then go in (she's usually standing and jumping - sometimes seems awake, sometimes seems to be sleep walking)

Settles fine every waking EXCEPT at 2-3am and then she'll be up 1-2 hours.

She almost always still hasher paci in her mouth.

Since she had a cold I was comfort feeding her at night. NO FEEDS FOR THE LAST 2 nights.

Last night she slept with me because I really needed some sleep. She seems to sleep solidly early in the night and early in the morning. She tossed and turns much of the night - she seems to not be able to get comfortable. (I am guessing when in her crib this is when she's call out for me - in be with me she feels me, so eventually settles down on her own).

The cry is usually frustrated to be awake or just wants me near. I had done CC against my better judgement and she seemed more clingy after 3-4 nights. Since I have seemed to regain her trust.

So please help with some opinions!!!!! This has been ongoing for a LONG time. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. Lately the wakings have been every 2 hours on the dot. I have tries a soother, silence, pillow, no pillow.

I am going with the flow, but wish she would just learn to sleep or be in her crib all night without calling out.

TIA, Beata

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Need a fresh look at this
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 16:38:05 pm »
just taking a quick look - will look closer later - it seems by looking at the routine and reading about how the night wakings are that your lo may be getting too much daysleep and therefor is wide awake for portions of the night. you may want to try waking her up after an hour or so for the morning nap...my lo is a little younger but can't go past 2.5hrs day sleep without having night wakings herself.

also, you may want to try to cut down on the gap before the am nap. the shortest A time of the day 'should' be in the morning, getting longer before pm nap and then a bit longer before bedtime.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 19:17:27 pm »
how r things going?
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Beata

• Showing Appreciation 24
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 18:02:16 pm »
Not super due to the fact that I realized yesterday she has tooth #6 about to poke through, but now that I have given her some Tylenol, last night was better...so I am keeping with the schedule and limiting her day naps (starting to transition to 1, but it depends on the day). So I am hopeful that we will have improvement in the next few days.

Thanks for asking, I'll keep you posted.

Offline teezee

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 01:37:14 am »
she may be a little young to transition to 1 nap / day now...but you can always try and if it doesn't work -go back to two! good luck and btw when my lo wakes at night due to teething - orajel is amazing stuff - and it works immediately so she isn't up too long!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005