Author Topic: volume of solids for 8 mth old  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Wagner

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
volume of solids for 8 mth old
« on: April 02, 2006, 14:11:39 pm »
I would appreciate any advise. I have read the other posts but still require addditional assistance.

My daughter, Giselle is 8 months old.
She eats:
a bottle at 7am (7oz),
breakfast at 8:30 (3-4tbs of cereal, 2tbs of fruit),
bottle at 11am (8oz)
lunch at 12:30pm (3tbs of veg),
bottle at 3:30 or 4pm (8oz),
dinner at 5:30 or 6pm (4tbs of cereal, 2 tbs of fruit)
bottle at 7:00 ish (9oz)
sleep at 7:30.

I have just started introducing meat/fish for lunch (1tbs). My daughter has recently started taking more milk than usual as opposed to weaning off the milk. I think she's not receiving enough solids but she doesn't always want to eat more. She is easily distracted. She does love to feed herself (cheerios, banana) but I'm having some difficulty with this as she sometimes pockets food. She has 7 teeth so she can sort of chew.

I'm thinking I should increase solid volume but would like opinion of how much? Also is the timing of the feeds right or can I give her the bottle before or after a feed instead of feeding her every 2hrs?

Giselle and I thank you for your opinions.

Marta

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: volume of solids for 8 mth old
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 00:18:26 am »
Marta,

You feeding schedule lookd spot on and it looks like you have a great eater their you are very lucky. The amounts you are feeding a great and the increase in milk intake could be a growth spurt my DD just went through this as well. Feed your little one as much as she wants, she will let you know when she is ready for more solids.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline kirsty_167

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • My little munchkin!!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:03:26 am »
HI,,,,your routine is pretty similar to mine with feed times.Feeding solids is a bit  like a guessing game at times.I look for cues and use them to guide me.If Jakob appears hungry i offer a little more,never much just a few more tsps or a cracker etc.The main guide for me is if he sleeps well at night.If he begins waking through the night (not from teething) i generally know its a growth spurt and he needs a little more solids during the day.

When increasing solids i never add to much too quick,i do it slowly until i find he has settled again and appears content.All babies are different though.Go with your gut instinct..if you think your baby needs more solids then you are probably right...us moms are very intuitive!!!!! ;)

All the best
Kirsty

Offline Wagner

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 17:27:40 pm »
Thank you for all your assistance.

Giselle and I will continue down the road of solids and I'll take your advise and be happy that she likes to eat.

Marta