Author Topic: Morning wake time vs morning feed time...  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
Morning wake time vs morning feed time...
« on: April 03, 2006, 12:30:55 pm »
Hey guys,

My two are 8 months, we've been on EASY since about 4 months.  Something I've noticed recently is that they do not want their bottles when they first wake up in the morning.  For example, DD woke at 7 this morning but didn't have her bottle until 8:15.  So I'm finding that our EASY routine is getting thrown off a bit because the feeds are now later therefore their normal 7pm bedtime doesn't coincide with an appropriate bottle feed time anymore if you know what I mean.  So where the feeds used to be 7,11,3,6:30, bed at 7, now if the feeds don't start until 8:15 am, then they would be 12:15, 4:15, 7:30....and then 7:30/8 is too late for my guys for bedtime...they are way too tired by then.  But if I put them to bed earlier, they're going to be short on formula intake.

Wondering if anyone else is in this situation and how are you handling it?

Thanks!

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Morning wake time vs morning feed time...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 13:17:51 pm »
Sarah, at what times are they having solid feedings?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 20:00:59 pm »
Hi Heather,

We're still working on that, LOL!!  Because of illness their solids schedule has been...variable.  I've consistently offered solids at 8:30, 12 or 12:30, and 5pm...however they have often decided that they'd prefer food at another time and I've gone along with it in an effort to build a schedule that works with their appetites but so far there's a lot of variation in when they do and don't want solids.

Thanks!
Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 20:59:34 pm »
If it were me, I would keep offering the bottle every 15 mins or so, and hope that I'd hit a good time.  Are they just too eager to play?  I would try for an hour I guess, then go ahead with the regularly scheduled feedings hoping that if they didn't take much of the first feeding they would be hungry for the next, and maybe their appetites will build back up.  It's probably just a temporary fluke.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007