Author Topic: throwing sippy  (Read 1063 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
throwing sippy
« on: April 04, 2006, 17:19:24 pm »
Jency just started this.  He is 9 months old.
He will sit in his highchair and pic up his sippy and drink some.  Then when he is done he either drops it over the side or throws it.  He will also drop his toy off the side as well if he has one up there with him.
How do I stop him from doing this with out making it seem like his sippy or toy is the no no and not a good thing?

Thanks
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: throwing sippy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 22:38:45 pm »
Yes my DD does this as well she thinks it is a great game. With her sippy cup i tell her no after i have picked it up and if i see her trying to do it again i stop her and tell her no. This is a just a fase they are going through and will stop it soon enough (i hope  ;) )

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 04:29:02 am »
Hi there! I dont have any advice, but I do have some insight that might make you feel a little better. I have read that babies do this to test how far down it is by watching the object fall. Because they are unable to test it out in other ways, this what they have come up with  ::) It also helps them learn about cause and effect. It's like, "Well if I drop this on the floor it makes this sound and bounces. How fascinating! Oh, and mom gives me this reaction which also very interesting. What a fun game!"  ::)

Anyway, when this little game is on your last nerve just remember your lo is learning so much from something so trivial.  ;)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 16:54:40 pm »
Oh, I hate to get mad at hime and not let him do it if that is what he is doing.  But I als don't want him to do it in the middle of a restraunt or something.
What would you do in response!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 17:05:46 pm »
Oh I would definately address the "game" because you are right you dont want that behavior to remain into toddlerhood etc. That is my opinion though. I guess I was just glad to hear that the whole thing is developmental, and it always good to understand what makes them tick (that way I can be more understanding). So in the midst of the craziness you know that this too shall pass.

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 19:28:43 pm »
I have read that you haven't to keep picking it up and giving them it.  :-\  You will find more info on this under the activity or developmental boards.

Gage'smom is right, they are testing the environment around them. I have already about slightly older babies who think they are going to go down the plughole when their bath drains, they just don't understand things yet.  ;)
Lauren x

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 17:07:09 pm »
Adria anything Aiden throws overborad becomes mine. I just don't give it back to him. I take the sippy cup away and at the end of the meal I will offer it to him to make sure he isn't thirsty but everything he just doens't get back.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005