Author Topic: 11 month Old refusing to eat and drink...Help !  (Read 1136 times)

Offline jez's Mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 month Old refusing to eat and drink...Help !
« on: April 05, 2006, 08:31:25 am »
I would be really grateful for any tip or advise regarding my 11 month old DS.   Since over a week ago my DS has refused to eat anything !! His gums are bothering him as he is chewing everything (including his teat on his bottle) but his cheeks aren't inflamed and he does not have a temperature and is generally a happy boy.

Previous to this he enjoyed his food and ate the family diet no problem.  He is not unwell so I am really worried as he is eating hardly anything and does not even appear to be hungry !!  If this has wnet on for a few days then I wouldn't of been that concerned but this is now day number 9.

A typical day goes like this:

07:00 - 20mls of his bottle.

09:00 - Two tea spoons of cereal & 1/4 of toast ( the other 3/4 are thrown on the floor)

10:00 - Nap

12:00 - Lunch which is Family diet mashed down or Stage 2 Jar (I tried Jar food to see if DS would eat that, but no joy)  followed by fruit puree or yogurt.  The main on a very good day DS will eat two/three teaspoons and generally NO dessert.  Drink is water, usually one/two sips from cup.

13:30 - Nap

14:30 - Snack which is his bottle and a biscut. Ds drinks about 40 mls of milk and eat half of the biscuit.

16:00 - Dinner, same as lunch

18:30 - Bed time bottle - on average Ds takes around 100 mls taken ( although last night ZERO !!).

I just don't know what to do at mealtime anymore, as soon as my DS sees the spoon coming towards him he just pushes it away and clamps shut his mouth.  We give him his own spoon to hold and he has started to try to feed himself (with a little help from us) but after two teaspoons he just throws his spoon down and refuses to eat.  And he just wont let us feed him.  He does seem to be hungry as when he manages to feed him self he enjoys it.

We keep hoping that one day Ds will wake up hungry but that just doesn't seem to be happening.

We are at our wits end !!

Any tips or advise will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: 11 month Old refusing to eat and drink...Help !
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 23:38:52 pm »
Has he done this before? Sounds like it is a teething thing, my DD does this when her teeth are really bothering her. I find putting some teething gel on her gums before feeding her helps alot.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07