Author Topic: traveling mom  (Read 1208 times)

Offline CosiQ

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Rodrigo and Laura. Textbook boy/Angel baby
traveling mom
« on: April 05, 2006, 18:09:11 pm »
How old is your child? 7.5 months
What’s his/her daily routine? Wake up at 6, eat 4 ounces of formula,
nap at 8,
breakfast (fruit/oatmeal) at 9,
bath at 9:30
10  6 ounces of formula, nap ´til 11.
Lunch vegetables at 13:00
Formula 6 ounces at 14:00
15:00 nap ´til 16:30 ish
17:30 dinner (fruit/oatmeal)
18:30 formula 6-8 ounces
19:00 bedtime ritual
19:30 sleep
dreamfeed at 10:30-11:00
What’s nap routine? one morning, one afternoon (total time 3 hours between 2 naps)
How long are naps? One hour and two hours
What's bedtime routine? quiet play, talking, singing and slow dancing, night diaper, jamies, cuddle with song, crib Time? 19:00-19:30
Do you bottle or breastfed?? bottle
How much? or how long? 6 ounces each time
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)
How many wakes per night? More than 7
What’s your LO like when waking at night? Crying How long is he/she up? A little time, just to put the paci on his mouth
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Both Or is it a mantra cry? no
What have you tried to settle?? Put the paci on, pat on back
What do you do for A time and how long is it? Play ball, use a gymini, use the stroller to take a walk, use the walker….
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? “walk” with support, roll over, again and again, lots of babbling
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months)
Do they have a prop? Yes If so what is it? Pacifier, cuddle with mommy in order to sleep
Do they have a lovie? No
He used to sleep all night long, but a month ago mommy had to travel, because of work,  and know he wakes up a lot. 
At that time  DS started crying at night,  at grandma’s  where he stayed, and when mommy felt guilty, and to compensate  start to cuddle in parent’s bed to sleep….he started to grab mommy’s blouse and ask for her presence every time he wakes up at night…..

Please help, my husband and I,  are very, very, tired…
Feliz de ser mamá! :)

Offline Lªuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: traveling mom
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 18:15:12 pm »
It could be separation anxiety.

Have you tried leaving an item of clothing in your Lo's bed, like your blouse so he can pick up your scent?
Lauren x

Offline CosiQ

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 18:52:22 pm »
Thanks for replying so soon!!!! ;D 
I will try that approach tonight, thanks for the advice....he ussually is an adorable baby, he`s a textbook/angel baby.
Sorry, if my messagge is hard to read, but english is not my mother language. :P
I´ve been reading, and try to stop the cuddle, and put him in his crib still awake.....I´ll miss the cuddle..... :-\

Offline Lªuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 18:54:47 pm »
Still give lots of cuddles during the day, it may not work overnight so stick with it.

Let us know how you get on.
Lauren x

Offline CosiQ

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 14:47:45 pm »
Putting the blouse in the crib, worked great! and I also noticed he`s having trouble with self soothing, because of the night cuddles....
I´m working in self soothing, and is working too, the first night he only fussed 2 times, and last night he cried 4 times.  Compared with 7-10 times, is a great improvement.  The first night it took me 25 minutes, but the seconf night it took me just 15 minutes....is a great improvement too.  So, I think I was accidental parenting, because of guilty.

Offline Lªuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 14:53:18 pm »
Thats brilliant, well done  :)
Lauren x

Offline CosiQ

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: traveling mom----AGAIN....
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 17:26:30 pm »
Hi, again!
All the measures we took, didn´t work!!! :'(
He is worse! but the worst thing is, that after a week of constant nigth wakings, cryings, and tired and fussy parent`s, my sister took pitty of us, and took care of him last night at HER house, outside HIS home........and he slept like an angel......!!!!! :-X
He didn`t cry, or fuss, or ask for his paci.......I don´t know what is happening... With me he awakes every hour or half an hour asking for his paci, with my sister he didn´t......the only difference is that he didn´t nap, could it be, that he doesn´t need the naps anymore in order to sleep at nigth???
I really don´t understand what is happening, he is happy and active during the day, and fusses if he doesn´t nap, when he is with me, but yesterday he was awake the whole day, and sleep the whole nigth...
HELP!!!