Author Topic: To Nurse or Paci?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline melbrad

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 06, 2006, 02:16:37 am »
My lo is 3 months old and she usually wakes 2 times/night.  I'm wondering what would be a good rule of thumb to determine if I should feed or use a paci.  My lo will take the breast anytime so it's hard to determine what to do at times.  Any suggestions?

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: To Nurse or Paci?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 02:47:10 am »
try and settle lo with shh/pat or paci or whatever you feel comfortable with - if lo settles back to sleep and sleeps for longer than an hour you can rule out hunger...if lo wakes within an hr or so - feed - lo is hungry! also, judge by how long lo goes without feeding during the day..if he wakes an hr after being fed you know that he isn't hungry and maybe just needs to be settled or has gas or something else underlying.  good luck!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline melbrad

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 12:37:54 pm »
Thank You.  Last night I fed her at 815 and she slept from 845 to 2 am.  I fed her because I assumed she was hungry.  Typically for a 3 month old, how many feedings in a 24 hr. is the norm.  She is brestfed

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: To Nurse or Paci?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 14:02:56 pm »
i know at 3 months i fed my lo every three hrs during the day. and at least 1-2 times at night..sometimes more..but my lo was pre term and very tiny until about four months also. i think you lo did great last night to have gone from 8:15 to 2am without a feeding - congrats!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005