Author Topic: What could be the discomfort?  (Read 2555 times)

Offline aidenmc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Re: What could be the discomfort?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 17:16:40 pm »
Right now he's probably very overtired which makes then quite fidgety and harder to settle. Have you tried elevating his mattress and putting him to sleep on his left side? That can make it more comfortable if it is reflux that is bothering him. Whenever my lo is overtired or when he gets to bed too late he wakes up a lot. I have found that when I get him to bed extra early he sleep much better. Last night he was actually asleep by 5:15 (although I got him down about about 5:40 after waking him by trying for that last burp). Anyway, he slept much better than the previous night when he was overtired and didn't get up until 6:30. You might want to try that. When they are overtired they actually produce more adrenaline etc. that prevent them from getting and staying in deeper sleep. Also, my lo as a newborn would grunt and groan a lot in his sleep (I think now because of the reflux). DEfinitely check with your doctor about the reflux though. It can make them very uncomfortable. I finally got my lo on Zantac at about 7 months and it really helped. They don't actually have to spit up a lot, but wet burps are a good sign that acid is backing up into the throat. Sometimes during the night my lo would also develop a hoarse voice, and he was (and still is) very difficult to burp.
Becky,
Mom to Kieran (10/15/2000); Aiden, (7/ 8/ 2005); and Samuel (7/10/2010)