Author Topic: could spots be a results of a food allergy  (Read 1442 times)

Offline dkitto

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
could spots be a results of a food allergy
« on: April 06, 2006, 16:44:05 pm »
My son has had these spots for about three months. They look like they should be on a teenages face but they are over his body, hand and head. The Doctor said it was eczema but I am not sure.
Am I looking into this to much or could this be a food allergy?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: could spots be a results of a food allergy
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 17:52:43 pm »
It definitely could be a food allergy. Did you notice them after introduction of any new food in particular? It could be excema as your doctor says, but that can be a symptom of food allergy too. Are you talking about the older or younger son?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline dkitto

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 18:20:09 pm »
It is the younger one. The older one had bad eczema but nothing that looked like this, and the cream is not touching the spots. I cant think of anything different that he has been eating. I did stop him from having milk for 24h because of sickness and the spots did seem better, so I am thinking of trying soya milk for a bit. Should I see hv before?
Thank you for your help

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 18:39:24 pm »
Can't hurt to do a dairy free trial and see what happens. But if you are going to you may want to cut out all dairy, not just milk. I'd give it at least two weeks as a trial.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 19:57:01 pm »
Ryan was only on cow's milk for a month , then we switched to rice milk , his eczema has been a lot better since . we haven't had to use the steroid cream during this winter at all . soya milk can be constipating so watch for signs.
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline dkitto

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 06:19:50 am »
Oh what is rice milk? where can you get it from?
He is so fussy I am worried about changing to much he is not very good a new things and would go hungry  rather than eat something he didn't like the look of  ::)
Thank you for your help Donna

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 06:38:31 am »
it could be KP - both my girls have this and both started at 5 mo - it is Keratosis Pilaris and here is a link that has a lot of info including pics so you can see if it is similar.

my doc said exzema but it did not itch olivia (and alex had a much milder form that no doc ever figured out what it was)  I finally pushed for a referral and got to see a dermatologist who was able to diagnose both girls in 5 min. olivia does have some mild E. as well but that is not what the spots are - they are KP.

if it looks like it might be KP go see a dermatologist if possible.  some kids have it and it is linked to allergies - mine are not related -=and a derm. will ask questions to determine whether allergy tests are required.

PM if it is KP and you want to talk about it at all
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 09:09:16 am »
you can get rice milk in the supermarkets , it comes in a carton  , it's normally on the shelf with the UHT milk and milkshake powders . we use" provamel " purple carton from morrisons . tesco has a blue and white carton "rice milk " . Ryan loved it , we run out one day and offered cow's milk , he wouldn't drink it
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline dkitto

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 15:06:43 pm »
I have had a look and not sure. He does not have as many as the others do in the photo.
Think I will take him back to the doc next week, just feel that they see me coming and go its that over protective mother again.
Going to give the rice milk ago over the weekend.
thanks Lady's.