Author Topic: advised to give one bottle a day but he wont take it  (Read 938 times)

Offline OneMagicMummyv2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
advised to give one bottle a day but he wont take it
« on: April 07, 2006, 20:23:20 pm »
Harrison had been BF since birth with ony  a few bottles.  i did give him formula once or twice but stoped as his reflux was really bad on formula and not too bad on BF.  i could nto express enought milk to give himEBM. 

his weight has not gained enough in last few weeks and he is now 12lb 5 at 21 weeks (12 2 at around 8 weeks has gone between that and 11lb 15 since)
HV suggested one bottle a day and prescribed SMA Staydown for us.  yesterday i gave him normal formula and we had ascreaming match he took hardly any so i just gave him a BF i think he too probably 1/2oz formula.  today i made up Staydown he turned his nose up at bottle(two types on witha laytex teat one a Avent varieflow) and he would nto entertain either so i put it on  a spoon and just about manage to spoon feed him around 2oz and gave a full BF too. 

any tips on how i can get him to take a bottle.  DH is at work so he cant do it most nights unless i wait till11PM but i think its too late as thats timei normal give him DF in bed. 

i was thinking of getting a sft spout sippy cup or a haberman feeder.

he has started solids too 2 a day as of today breakfast (which he turned his nose up but i think thats cos i mixed it with formula) and tea which he wolfed down he loves his apple mush
would it be better to makle up his solids with the milk or try a cup. i dont wanna spewnd more money for it not to work.

Kiz