Author Topic: Any suggestions for today? Routine is all over the place  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
Any suggestions for today? Routine is all over the place
« on: April 07, 2006, 06:25:36 am »
My DS (6,5 months) has woken up differently and is asleep already! It's only 7.20 am here...

Usually our day looks like this:

wakes up at 6.30
E: 7 am bottle 8oz
A
S: 8.30-9.30 ish nap
E: 10 am solids (one jar)
A
S: 11.30 - 1 pm nap
E: 1 pm bottle 8oz
A:
S: 3-4pm nap
E: 4.30pm solids (one jar)
A:
E: 6.30 night-time routine, bottle 10 oz
S: 7pm - 6.30 am, no DF

But today he got up at 6am and was tired by 7. We treated the time before 6.30 like night-time, but he was very hungry, so we fed him in the dark in the bedroom (DH and I).

Now he went back to sleep at 7.15 am and is still asleep (7.30). How will I do that? Any suggestions?

BTW, he naps in the pram because if the weather is nice we let him nap outside. Ped suggests that as much fresh air as possible might prevent asthma... We are also outside people so I can't be consistent in teaching him how to sleep in his cot.

Any suggestions for today? He likes his routine but he doesn't mind if the times are (a bit different) but not comepletely different.

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Any suggestions for today? Routine is all over the place
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 12:04:19 pm »
Scotts maw
Calum has been waking at funny times recently, i.e 0530, 0600, 0645, I always just start the day from when he wakes up and just adjust the rest of the EASY day (he never wakes for a night feed now ad is never hungry when he wakes). This morning I was meeting relatives so he was in and out the car and buggy and had 2 x 30 mins naps between 9 and 1130. I am home again now and will put him for a proper sleep this afternoon.
Lauren x

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 20:28:21 pm »
Yeah, he may need an extra catnap toward the end of the day, or put him to bed earlier and try again tomorrow.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 09:03:50 am »
thanks  :) he just had an extra catnap in the morning and everything was back to normal...