Author Topic: Argh!! I feel I'm going around in circles- early waking, night waking, screaming  (Read 1417 times)

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=55591.0

Things haven't got any better since I posted above. I brought bedtime forward to 1930 for  a week, however this resulted in DS;
Screaming 20 mins after he had gone to sleep until I went back in (everynight).
Walking up for the day at 0530 / 0600
or
Waking in the middle of the night for an hour.

There is still the odd morning where I will just bring him into our bed so DH & I can get sleep before work.

I took the advice given before to introduce a lovlie and we have, I also put an item of clothing into his cot every night to pick up my scent for separation anxiety. He takes between 27 + 30oz of milk, hasn't been night fed for about 2 months and is not waking hungry. I thought it was teething, but he is not crying out of pain - I have even started giving him calpol before bedtime, but it makes no difference.  He has a new high pitched scream - more like a wail for attention (with no tears). He does this until I go and get him i the middle of the night  ::)  Again I think this is down to separation anxiety.

What else can I do? PU/PD, etc won't work because he stops crying as soon as he hears one of us up (cheeky monkey).
I have also limited his daytime naps to 3hrs over 2/3 naps depending if we are out and about.

Thanks
Lauren x

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
bump
Lauren x

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
I don't know what that is with this age... Scotty is doing the same thing but we kinda caught it in time (until the next time).

It might be seperation anxiety, sounds like it anyway...

What we do is to reassure as boringly as possible so that he doesn't think it's "worth it" to wake up at all. We try to do as little intervention as possible and disappear more and more. ATM we are at the stage that when he wakes up, we shush from the bed, so that he can't even see us...

Dunno if that will work, though  :-\

Offline LucyA

• Showing Appreciation 204
Hi Lauren,
You say he settles when he hears you get up, would walk in/walk out help? Have a look at this post: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=57578.0

Good luck!
Lucy

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
thanks Lucy, yes it is this coupled with the 20min waking and screaming  :-\
Lauren x

Offline evelyn

• Showing Appreciation 26
Gosh, i wonder if it is an age thing...lily is at it too!  I started work recently and am wondering if this is adding to the problem....didnt you start work not so long ago?
Proud mum to Alice 16/3/1999 and Lily 7/10/2005

Baby No. 3 due 20th May 2008.

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
Yes, last Monday. He was doing it before, but like you say I think it has added to the problem. I have been chatting to Stacy and Scotts Maw here https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=57578.0#msg409071 about it as well.

Stacy came up with any excellent idea I will pM it to you.

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
Hi Lauren

Sorry things are still no better.  I'm starting to wonder whether we have SA issues too - I had thought Zander was waking because of his bad cold and/or teething but this morning I brought him into our bed  :-[ and as soon as he got there he stopped crying and lay there cooing and I was actually able to put him back down in his own bed with no problems, it was weird.  Can you PM me Stacy's advice too please?

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)