Author Topic: Early Waking........  (Read 771 times)

Offline Eleanors Dad

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 08, 2006, 20:52:53 pm »
Hi, I'm desperately looking for some help. My daughter who is 2 years and 4 months was up until 2 weeks ago a really good sleeper. Every night she was in bed by 7:00pm and on occasion, sometimes even earlier (at her own request).

She sleeps every lunchtime for around 2 hours (sometimes 3) and she still goes to bed at 7:00pm. However, in the last week, she has taken to waking 3 or 4 times a night, sometimes absolutely distraught. She does eventually calm down but always wakes at 6:00am. Before this she would sleep until 8:00am typically.

I know I was spoilt in the past as she really was excellent, but it seems things have suddenly swung the other way. Nothing in her routine has changed, she's does have a slight cold but her diet hasn't changed and I'm at a loss as to what to do next. In the past when she has had a cold, it hasn't affected her sleep patterns at all. I have tried reducing the lunchtime naps.........doesn't make a difference, I have tried keeping her up later........doesn't make a difference and I have even tried putting her to bed earlier............doesn't make a difference. Any advice would be really appreciated as my Little angel is turning into a tired, grumpy monster and I want my little angel back.................Thanks.  :-\