Author Topic: 5 month old night wakings.....help............  (Read 935 times)

Offline dionne

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 month old night wakings.....help............
« on: April 09, 2006, 11:51:48 am »
Hi guys
My LO just turned 5 months  old .I have started him on solid foods and everything seems to be going well.
He has been doing very well for the past few month going to bed 630pm and waking at 630am..(with a couple of soother inserts).I was soooooooohappy
But just a couple days ago he started waking around 10pm and very difficult to get back to sleep try feeding but obnly has a few onceThe soother insert doesnt seem to be working and he will at times have this high pitched cry..when I take him out to the living rm he seems fine and wouldnt mind playing!!!!!!!!

I also suspect he is teething.....or maybe the solid foods......growth spurt   I dont know

He still drinks about 30 onces of milk a day with morning cereal..fruit..........veggies at lunch....and cereal before bed
He has decent naps 1.5 in the am...........1 hour in the pm and usually another hour in pm
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Offline Sydney

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: 5 month old night wakings.....help............
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 12:04:45 pm »
Hi dionne 

I wonder if the solid food may be causing an issue.  Seems like 3 meals a day is a lot for a 5 month old.  Did you ped recommend that you start your lo on solids already?  Did you just recently introduce a new solid that would maybe make your lo's tummy upset?  It seems like something within the last couple of days has caused him to wake since he slept good for you before.  I am betting on the solids.  His naps and night sleep sound great.

HTH.

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: 5 month old night wakings.....help............
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 12:20:05 pm »
I would have to agree that the solids may be causing the problem. They not only cause tummy upset but they also make it so that your LO isn't getting as much milk as they need when they're to young for it.
I think that that in combination with teething and growth spurts is probably the problem. I recomend you cut back the solid and try to feed more milk.
Kimberly