Author Topic: 6 month old still waking  (Read 774 times)

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 09, 2006, 13:08:39 pm »
Hello,  My daughter is 6 months old and I am still trying to get her to sleep through the night.  Every night is different.  My routine is the same but my nights are all different.  She goes to bed around 6:30 or 7.  Then she wakes up between 3-4 times between when she goes to bed and 8:00 and I go in there and do pat shush.  She goes back down.  Then she wakes up at all different times.  Last night was 4 am and my husband gave her 7 ounces.  Then she went back down until 8am.  My question is should'nt she be able to sleep through the night she is a big girl 20lbs. but still????  She eats cereal 3x a day and sometimes I giv e her a vegetalbe.  I haven't started fruit yet.  her naps are still a little erratic.  But She still takes a good morning nap.  Sorry I am babbling.  Does anyone have any suggeastions?  Thanks in advance.  These boards saved my life she my daughter was born
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: 6 month old still waking
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 23:50:35 pm »
Hi again

Sorry you are still having a rough time.

The first thing I want to say it that your LO's size WILL NOT determine her capacity/ability to sleep through the night.  My DS STILL wakes during the night - he is 1, he is a good healthy size but HE is not ready to sleep through yet.  Please don't get frustrated because you think your DD SHOULD be able to sleep though.  If you lower your expectations you are less likely to be disappointed because she still wakes.

That said, I'd be happy to have a look at your daytime routine and see if I can suggest anything.  Please detail nap times, feed times and bed time.  Tell me exactly what happens at bedtime.  Coming up to 6 months is often a difficult time because many babies go through a developmental phase of 45 min naps - but they generally do outgrow them at around 6 months.

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 14:34:24 pm »
Hello Sorry it took so long to get back.  Here is her routine

7:30am wake
8:00 bottle and cereal
9:30 or 10:00am nap
11:00 or 11:30 wake
12:00 veggie and bottle
afternoon nap tricky sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 only for an hour
5:30 pm cereal and veggie
6:15 bedtime rountine bath, massage, read ,bottle
7:00pm sleep
wakes any time during the night the last 2 nights 1 night 4 am and ate 7 ounces and last night woke up at 2 am with dirty diaper and ate 6 ounces.

Hopefully you can give me some advice.   I feel better that some babies just don't sleep through the night right away.  My doctor said there is no way she should be getting up for a bottle,  but what does she know.  She also wanted me to have my son cry it out and there is noway I could do that.

Thanks
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005